1 week for all FAR studying… thoughts?

• Creator
    Topic

“all” is a bit of an exaggeration… CPA excel says i’m 17% through at this point. testing saturday 11/26 at 1pm. wish me luck!

REG - 81
    BEC - 88
    AUD - 85
    FAR - 81

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

good luck 🙂

I have similar plan for BEC. My FAR is on 11/21 and BEC on 30th. 8 days for me. LOL

We will need some ice!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now would be a good time to find religion if you haven't already.

MICPA87

Any topic you are unsure on, go back and study. The AICPA can read your mind.

FAR(11/14/11)- 92
    AUD(01/04/12)- 91
    REG(05/30/12)- 93
    BEC(07/21/12)- 88

CPA - Michigan

pacific1
    Participant

You can do it….you only need a 75!

jenuno01

Not saying it's impossible… but oh man! You should be studying 23 hrs a day and sleeping 1 hr…seriously… there is a lot of info! Good luck! I'll be interested to see how it goes! Keep us updated!

Class of 2012

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think it's possible IF you are already pretty familiar with the material (aka you remember most of it from your college classes)… I'm a “cram” studier, so I feel your pain – I passed BEC on 5 days of studying and REG with only 7… long-term study plans never seem to pan out for me… (which is probably why I've been struggling so much with FAR).

I'm not familiar with CPA Excel, but with Becker we had a few pages of “notes” for each chapter that outlined all the content. If you have something similar with your study materials, I would do a quick read through, and any area that you feel confused/fuzzy on, take some time to read through the materials and take notes on the key take-aways. Once you have at least a cursory knowledge of all the material, just drill MCQ until your test.

It's been my experience that the key trouble areas for FAR seem to be leases, pensions, bonds, and governmental/NP accounting, so I'd focus your time/resources on those areas (that doesn't mean you should neglect the other areas, however).

Hopefully it works out for you, but I know that cramming for FAR just hasn't worked for me. If you had the ability to reschedule to Q1 of 2012, I would.

hopeful_cpa
    Participant

hey good luck with that, let us know how it goes.

BEC: Done
    REG: Done
    AUD: Done
    FAR: Done

I'M DONE!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@valueofnothing – I am waiting on my FAR score today with about 10 days of full study for that exam. So we will see. I think doing that (or in your case, doing it in a week) is definitely difficult but doable. I had budgeted one chapter per day and really only got through an entire chapter in a day about twice, maybe 3 times. I did ALL of the questions except the supplemental. I figured if I had time after I got through the chapters and lectures of Becker then I would go back and do the supplmental questions. That never happened. I ran out of time. I did do all the simulations though, I think they are VERY important, although I got NOTHING like my Becker simulations ont he actual exam. Going into the exam, I did not feel ready and I did not know everything, however, the questions really were not that bad. I expected way worse. Walking in, I thought I was definitely going to fail and walking out I felt like it was a pass so I am just waiting, and we will see soon enough.

@David1985 – I studied BEC in 5.5 days. It was crazy. I did the BEC exam a week after FAR and had never opened the Becker BEC book. I concentrated on FAR because I thought I would need the most time there. BOY, was I wrong!! IMHO, I think BEC was harder to study for than FAR. I kept forgetting FAR info but with BEC some of it seemed foreign and all the equations mostly concetrated into just 2 chapters, it seemed very difficult to get through, as well as overwhelming. Chapters 3 and 5 just about KILLED me!! My very last day, I went through the entire book and memorized all formulas the best I could. That helped tremendously!! I also read EVERY single line in that book on my own. I barely slept but I couldn't anyway because I was freaking out about the formulas and everything else. In my exam, there were MANY theoretical questions and many of them were from the info I read on my own just by reading each line. Most of it was NOT emphasized or covered by becker but I remembered just from reading. I was glad I read. My questions overall were not that bad. I felt horrible going into the exam, even worse than I felt about FAR and I felt good walking out!! So I am also waiting on BEC score. One thing Becker emphasizes and I will agree with is KNOW NPV and KNOW the very last variance mnemonic at the end of chapter 5….I think its SAD PURES DADS DADS…..know by heart….at least I am glad I knew it for my exam….:) Good luck!!!

See Pee A

@december2011: Just curious, why are you pushing the exams on such an accelerated schedule? It seems like on an accelerated schedule I might be able to manage 1.5 days/lesson (avg) so maybe 7.5 days for a 5 lesson BEC. In either case, hope it worked for you! I am currently working on the homework for AUD 2 (of 5 ch. total) and my exam is next Tuesday so I'm in a similar situation, but not quite as quick. Good luck!

BEC 86 (08/30/11)
    FAR 84 (10/13/11)
    REG 88 (11/08/11)
    AUD 86 (11/29/11)

Exam prep - Becker self-study

update: i'm screwed

REG - 81
    BEC - 88
    AUD - 85
    FAR - 81

Tin Man
    Participant

value – fighters chance!

REG - PASS
    BEC - PASS
    AUD - PASS
    FAR - PASS
    CA ETHICS - PASS

mrcpa
    Participant

Hang in there. You can do it!!

Licensed - 2012

note to others – 1 week (more like 5 days) of studying is probably not a proper schedule unless you've covered all material in class. i'll be sitting for the test on saturday morning without having gone through all of the material (cpaexcel) so a pass will be a miracle and/or the result of a AICPA grading algorithm malfunction. i def could have done a better job cherrypicking sections i didn't know well to spend time on and spending less time reviewing things that were still pretty fresh from school.

on a related note, some of you might know that i'm launching an energy product with a friend right now – it's helped get me through this awful week, and it's also 50% off this weekend (click my user name to be directed to our website). i hate to be obnoxious with self promotion, so sorry for that, but it's honestly a helpful product & currently a great deal so just thought i'd mention it one last time…

REG - 81
    BEC - 88
    AUD - 85
    FAR - 81

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ December2011

I actually love chapters 3 and 5. I am pretty good at it. What's killing me is chapter 1.

I know I am taking big chance but I have nothing to lose at this point. All i need is 75. So I thought I might as well try it in November. If i pass great if not January is around the corner.

Patience is not one of the virtues I have mastered it yet 🙂

Best of luck to all of you!

pacific1
    Participant

@valueofnothing…good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it went.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.