13 weeks of Hell got the job done

• Creator
    Topic
    SIR AGE

I haven’t been around Another71 for long, but my time on the forum has been extremely helpful throughout my 13 week CPA exam journey that finally ended today with a stressful BEC score release. I just wanted to say thank you to anyone who responded to any of my questions or served as a source of motivation. Thank you to Jeff as well for starting such a community. Best of luck to everyone!

AUD: 5/27 82!
    FAR: 7/3 80!
    REG: 7/21 76!
    BEC: 8/8 78!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    tomq04
    Participant

holy crap

REG- (1) 76
    FAR- (2) 64, (5)74, (7)83 (Over achiever!)
    AUD- (3) 70, (4) 75
    BEC- (6) 75

GoVPI
    Participant

Awesome, congrats!

BEC - Passed

AUD - 74 🙁

REG - TBD

FAR - TBD

BEC 8/14/14 - Passed
    Graduated from college 12/13/14
    AUD 8/31/15 - 74. Retake - Passed
    REG
    FAR

SIR AGE

Thank you CPAin14. Good luck to you!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'd do anything to pass this exam in 13 weeks. Heck, 13 months would have been fine as I am going on almost two years by February.

Tncincy
    Participant

Same here, I am at the two year mark too and still trying to pass my first part. So I am taking the time to regroup and re-evaluate what I am trying to do. My children (4) are off to college so I have plenty of time to study…I think. What the heck, I'm gonna give it a shot anyway. I don't think I am going with far first though. It is the reason I can't go on… I cant figure out why I am not retaining the information. :-(( 13 weeks and it's done?

God bless you and congrats!!!

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

stoleway
    Participant

13 weeks? Genius indeed! I started this journey last year January and I'm still struggling. Anyway, congrats!

REG -63│ 84!!
    BEC- 59│70│ 71 │78!
    AUD- 75!
    FAR- 87!

Mass-CPA

h0wdyus

I started in Aug last year. I would not dare to do it in 13 weeks. Congrats.

FAR - 81 29th Aug 2013
    AUD - 84
    REG - 82
    BEC - 89 29th Aug 2014
    Using Yager

FROM NJ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Stoleway, you call that struggling? Heck, I'd take that any day as well. Only one left that has the least amount of material. You will pass that one soon I'm sure.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a friend here in audit who studies about a week by just reading the text and takes them on the weekend. He only has one left.

thechapman

Did you just graduate with the 150 hours in May? I was going to try to fit BEC in on the last day of May after graduating on the 10th but didn't think I could do it. Would definitely be nice to only have one left…

Passed - 2014

SIR AGE

Thanks all! I'm certainly no genius. I finished up my MAcc degree at the end of April and in May started my grind. I'm not one who could study over a couple months, I tend to forget too much information. I knew my best bet to passing these beasts was to cram as much as I possibly could into my memory and dump it come exam day. Playing to my strengths, if you will. For me, nothing was more valuable than the homework questions and progress tests (Becker). Doing these in short burst and reading through each one after was my golden ticket. I know each and every one of you will get these exams done, just study in the fashion that you tend to learn best! Cheers!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hoping to join your CPA summer club on the next score release date.

*fingers crossed

CPAPASS

SIRAGE, can you give more details on how you studied, I would love to finish the exams as quick as you and I also feel like the more time I spend on it the more I forget.

With Becker, how many times did you watch the lecture, or read the textbook. Did you take any notes? Did you use anything else for multiple choice or just Becker?

Also, were you studying full time, can you give an idea of how many hours you spent studying.

Thanks and congratulations!

silverdice7

I am also in this club. I used Roger for 95% of my studying and wiley test bank for the other 5%. The test bank wasn't needed looking back. I was lucky enough to be able to study full time. Other than eating and sleeping, all I did was study for the exam this summer. In Hindsight, it was probably over-kill because I got such high scores. But man, talk about the most boring summer and most satisfying all rolled into one.

AUD 94
    BEC 91
    REG 88
    FAR 91

Done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you just read the Roger book or also the Wiley HW book?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.