1.5 credits short… really?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

While waiting for my AUD score I decided to destruct myself and asked NASBA to pre-evaluate me for license requirements (I sit under the 120-rule). Today they told me I am 1.5 acct credits short for Option 3 which means I was 1.5 credits close to sit under the 150-rule and not to worry about my credits expiring in 3 years. How much would it hurt them to tell me that during my initial evaluation? Isn’t it just mean?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    rp 12
    Participant

Hi Anna,

I know it suck with 1.5 credits under. Am an applicant for MA, and NJ – Yes, MA has 3 years expiration rule. Based on the area where it is 1.5 short (accounting, and/or general education) credits – your best bet would be to take online course as a non-degree student. I have education from India, and a university in MA that comprised of 166 credits. I agree it sucks to come that short, but that's the way the credit evaluation works. Good luck with this process, and also the upcoming score release!! Am sure you will pass it.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 67, 62, 77 (lost credit), TBA

FAR - 53, 48, 58, 62, XX

BEC - 53, XX

"Success in life comes when you simply refuse to give up, with goals so strong that obstacles, failure, and loss act only as motivation"

AUD: 68, 62, 77✔ (expires 10/31/16)
    FAR: 53, 48, XX (retake 6/16)
    REG:
    BEC: 53

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I was just irritated by that guy who was evaluating my stuff on a first place and didn't tell me this, I could have just taken this 1 class and then apply to sit. I did actually ask him how many I was missing (i have 200 credits total) and he seemed annoyed and just gave me some generic response so I was uncomfortable to ask any more questions.

rp 12
    Participant

That is how it is. Just make sure you have 30 Accounting credits from basic financial accounting, and cost/managerial accounting to advanced accounting classes. Do not take any classes from a community college. Take some easy class that is not business relevant. Also this pre evaluation this is not helpful much bc their responses are very limited. Just keep working towards the exam, and once you done then think about remaining 1.5 credits (just my 2 cents). In grand scheme of things this is not much of a big deal. I wasted my time around this – so just wanted to share my experience.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 67, 62, 77 (lost credit), TBA

FAR - 53, 48, 58, 62, XX

BEC - 53, XX

"Success in life comes when you simply refuse to give up, with goals so strong that obstacles, failure, and loss act only as motivation"

AUD: 68, 62, 77✔ (expires 10/31/16)
    FAR: 53, 48, XX (retake 6/16)
    REG:
    BEC: 53

Anonymous
    Inactive

In a way its good you get yourself evaluated so you know where you stand. I know I am 32 credits short so I am doing courses in business and accounting just to ensure all my 150-155 credits end up being just in business and accounting.

Also doing the ethic's course at the community college so I have the covered too just in case I end up applying in 2017 when the license requirements change slightly again. lol

PS I asked the CBA board if they will accept courses from a community college and I mentioned the one I will go to and they said yes. So It depends on the state Boards as they are all different.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Kenada!

They actually don't accept community college credits here in MA unless they transferred to 4 year school.

Taking an extra class doesn't bother me really, it's just why couldn't that guy just tell me I was only 1.5 credits short? I could have taken this class few months ago and sit under 150 rule without stressing out about my credits expiring in 3 years. I thought I was missing like 10 or more credits

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.