150 Credits + CPA exam studying advice?

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by shf8.
  • Creator
    Topic
    pk314
    Participant

Hi,

I am currently a student in a 4 year state university and I will be graduating in December 2015 with about 136 credits. I will also be interning at a big 4 firm this upcoming summer and hopeful to get an offer afterwards. For those of you that have been through it, I was planning on working as a temp after my graduation till my start date (if given an offer) while studying for the CPA exam and taking online classes at a local community college to get to 150; does this seem like an achievable plan? Thanks for any advice!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Thrawn
    Participant

If you can swing it, I would not work as a temp, you will be busy enough and have a better shot of studying effectively if you can focus.

BEC 87 Feb 14
    REG 84 Apr 14
    FAR 82 Nov 14
    AUD 86 Feb 15

shf8

I agree with @thrawn. If you can manage without the compensation for those months then I wouldn't work as a temp. I was in a similar position and decided not to take the temp job and instead focused strictly on studying until I started working. I was able to pass 2 of the exams (and started studying for my third exam) before I started my job and it was the best decision I ever made. Many of my coworkers haven't been able to pass their exams because they just simply don't have the time to study while working and I always hear them say they wish they didn't start work right away and studied instead. Hope this helps!

AUD: 81!
    BEC: 75!
    FAR: 54, 74, 89!
    REG: 67, 86!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.