150 credits wasted–need advice

• Creator
    Topic
    waffles02

This is going to be my first post and a long one at that, so please bear with me. I will be graduating this semester with an undegrad degree in business and was planning on studying for the exam after graduation and then sitting for my first section sometime in the spring.

I had though that I would’ve had 150 hours around then, but I’ve been reading posts on this site saying that 100 and 200 level courses do not count. I attend a small liberal arts college and am taking my accounting courses at a bigger university, and most of my courses–except those I have taken at the larger university–are 200 level. My school offers very few “upper level” as in 400 level courses, and rarely any would meet the educational requirements for CPA. Did I just waste all of my time and money by attending this school? I would’ve had about 28-30 or so accounting credits and a large number of business credits, but now, without the 200-level courses, I have a total of 4 accounting courses and 2 business courses.

I have received a job offer which is contingent on the 150 credits, so I have less than a year to get the rest of those upper-level credits. What do I do? Would it be possible to have a credit bank or something of the sorts where the 200-level courses have a transfer equivalency of a 300 or 400-level? Feeling very frustrated and depressed, and any help would be appreciated.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.