150 hour requirement question

• Creator
    Topic
    Tarheelgirl

Hi,

I live in NC and they require like most states to have 150 credit hours. I calculated up my credit hours this weekend and am a bit confused on one class. I took BUS 115 Business Law I at a community college. This credit did not transfer to the 4 year college I attended therefore had to retake it but it was listed as MGT 345? Legal Environment for Managers.

My question is being this class was the same business law course under two different designations can it count as 2 separate classes toward my 150 hours or is it counted as only one class?

Emailing my state accountancy they are always very brief with responses stating to refer to statue such and such or send in an application, but I am not even close to sending in my application yet.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks in advance for any good feedback.

FAR - 46, 79 (7/8/14)
    AUD - 56, 59, 2/23/15 3rd times a charm!
    BEC - 69, 74 Really??
    REG - April, I hope. Fingers crossed!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    CPA soon

From what I know any credits you have whether from your community college or university and for whatever classes they count!

FAR - 71, 68, 74, (8/31/14) 78 ✔
    REG - 67, 71, 71, (10/18/14) 78 ✔
    BEC - (11/29/14) 86 ✔
    AUD - 73, (4/4/15) 86 ✔

I can't believe this is over! 2 years and 3 months..

Mjganier
    Participant

My fiance has this issue and she has to go back for a couple classes. We're in Louisiana and we were told that only those credits that transferred to the 4 year college were eligible. Anything taken at a community college that didn't transfer, were not counted toward the 150.

FAR 8/18/2014--87
    AUD 10/18/2014--78
    REG 11/24/2014--76
    BEC 2/28/2015--76

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

Study Mats: Cpaexcel study text and EQ, Ninja MCQ, Ninja notes

StephAV

In CA that would count. I have an accounting degree and called our Board about the UNA/CPA Excel classes and was told that as long as the class isn't from the same institution it would count. I took BLAW at my university and took it again through UNA.

FAR - 7/13 - 72, 11/13- 74, 2/14- 82!!! Best score ever (for me)!!!
    BEC - 1/14 - 75!!! Perfect score! First Pass! YAY!!!
    AUD - 8/14 - 80!!!
    REG - 5/14 - 72, 10/14 - 66, 1/15 - 78 - DONE FOREVER!!!
    I did 5 of the UNA and CPAExcel classes to earn units.

Letsdothis

I agree with StephAV , In CA I experienced the same. you can take the same class as many times as you want as long as they are not taken at the same college/semester it will count towards your 150…good luck !

We all have the ability to be whomever we want to be in this life. It's just a matter of DETERMINATION, PERSISTENCE, PATIENCE and the WILL to follow through. Never give up!

h0wdyus

@tarheelgirl

Your best bet is to read the state board statue first about educational requirement. I know it is difficult to understand still read it. Boards have a requirement about what credits are recognized. So just assuming that you have credits or going ahead and taking classes will be a waste of time and money. In some cases colleges you take courses are also not recognized. Once you identify the relevant section number, write to them quoting the section of the statute with a more specific question. Also Colorado board has a PRE Evaluation form which can be filled out and for a fee they will evaluated your credentials and let you know what you need to do more. Check with your board if they have it. Tread with care, you are on the right track trying to determine your educational credit in advance.

FAR - 81 29th Aug 2013
    AUD - 84
    REG - 82
    BEC - 89 29th Aug 2014
    Using Yager

FROM NJ

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.