15,325 Really?!?!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

15,325 15,325 15,325

“If a debtor has fewer than 12 creditors, any one or more of them with unsecured and undisputed claims that aggregate at least $15,325 more than the value of any collateral securing the claim may file the petition.”

Why?

Why, given the nature of this figure couldn’t they pick something that was at least in an increment of 1,000?

I’m sure that there was some logic and perhaps even a complicated algorithm that went into choosing this number and I respect that, but where is the human to say “yeah that’s a pretty good range, let’s call it 15,000 to make it sensible.” Who out there gives a **** about $325 in this circumstance? Nobody that’s who, it is absolutely immaterial. I feel somewhat less furious. Thanks for reading, and I hope that this helps me and some of you remember this lovely nuance on test day.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    silverdice7

It's sad I knew exactly what that number was before I entered the thread

AUD 94
    BEC 91
    REG 88
    FAR 91

Done!

taxgeek83
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

That's how I feel about most amounts in REG. Bleh!

ykim32
    Participant

I assumed that the exact number is $14,425 for 2013. Was it changed for 2014?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes. It changed for 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to laugh at this post because that magic number saved me a ton of money a few years ago. I had a bunch of medical bills and at the time I didn't have health insurance. All of the doctors and the hospital knew that I didn't have insurance. They were total jerks about the bills and setting up payment arrangements that I could live with and still afford to eat. Once the final bill came in and I hit that magic number, they all changed their tunes so fast it scared me. It took me a while to figure out why they were all so willing to take pennies on the dollar.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.