16 days till FAR – last section!

• Creator
    Topic
    rbcpa
    Participant

Hi guys

I’ve been preparing for far for the last couple weeks and I’ve done all the becker lectures and about 40% of the homework so far. I’ve listened to the ninja audio daily and I’m kind of freaking out now because I’m not getting a grasp on the material aswell as I would like.

What’s the best way to use up the time and conquer FAR?

Dec 5th could be my last exam!!

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

you just gotta crush MCQs…and make sure each wrong answer is a learning opportunity by writing down WHY your answer was incorrect.

Anonymous
    Inactive

you just gotta crush MCQs…and make sure each wrong answer is a learning opportunity by writing down WHY your answer was incorrect.

rbcpa
    Participant

CPA4birthday – should I not watch the videos again? What sections are a must know for FAR?

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

rbcpa
    Participant

CPA4birthday – should I not watch the videos again? What sections are a must know for FAR?

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

UNC MAcc

I've spent hours trying to figure out the stupid formulas that don't work in the spreadshees on the sims. infuriating

B - 89
    A - 80
    R - 78
    F - 86

CIA, CFSA, MBA, MAcc (too many f'ing degrees and certs, I know, trust me)

UNC MAcc

I've spent hours trying to figure out the stupid formulas that don't work in the spreadshees on the sims. infuriating

B - 89
    A - 80
    R - 78
    F - 86

CIA, CFSA, MBA, MAcc (too many f'ing degrees and certs, I know, trust me)

Anonymous
    Inactive

i wouldn't waste time with videos unless you learn best that way….i personally get the most out of DOING the questions over and over and reading solutions to incorrect questions…i would focus on the following:

pensions

leases

bonds

stmt of cfs

inventory

government

NFPs

Stockholders' Equity…

so basically EVERYTHING

Anonymous
    Inactive

i wouldn't waste time with videos unless you learn best that way….i personally get the most out of DOING the questions over and over and reading solutions to incorrect questions…i would focus on the following:

pensions

leases

bonds

stmt of cfs

inventory

government

NFPs

Stockholders' Equity…

so basically EVERYTHING

rbcpa
    Participant

How many mcq do you do everyday? I'm just so scared I'm going to fail I can't even remember anything cause I'm so scared.

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

rbcpa
    Participant

How many mcq do you do everyday? I'm just so scared I'm going to fail I can't even remember anything cause I'm so scared.

BEC - PASSED
    AUD - PASSED
    REG - PASSED
    FAR - PASSED

Anonymous
    Inactive

i don't have a set # i do…I just do em til I feel comfortable with the topics…i drastically start to tapper down the MCQs i do when I'm 3 days away from the exam…just so I'm not burned out by test day…that's it tho…no special formula for me

Anonymous
    Inactive

i don't have a set # i do…I just do em til I feel comfortable with the topics…i drastically start to tapper down the MCQs i do when I'm 3 days away from the exam…just so I'm not burned out by test day…that's it tho…no special formula for me

zieba
    Participant

I'm in exactly the same boat as you CPA4bday!

I have passed all three sections and it's do or die December 6th! I previously sat for FAR without studying 3 months ago, got a 45. I have one chance to pass else audit expires. I then have until June to pass FAR and audit. I'm confident I can tackle audit, having gone through the #%$*&! ringer that was 3 sections of the CPA.

I see you've been fortunate enough – or maybe not – to have gotten some exposure to FAR in your previous sittings.

I have 2 weeks and change and it's overwhelming, I stopped writing notes, doing Becker homework and watching lectures and started do just bang out MCQ's. I started with Becker but I found many problems to be so complicated that they are discouraging (in comparison to those Released 2005-2012 which are short, to the point and more like what's on the exam).

I logged into my Wiley CPA test bank and really like the instant feedback of the practice sessions, so my plan is to do all 1,400 MCQ's they have or whatever it is.

There is so much material here, I don't know how to review something when I've forgotten the nuances of CH1 by the time I get to reviewing CH10.

I'm hopeful. Anyone else? PLEASE feel free to chime in… the plan is to just keep hitting Wiley MCQ with instant feedback on why something is wrong (and those helpful “light bulb” hints)…

I've done most sims once in becker, but have not devoted 1-3 days to studying those. I feel like anxiety over the sheer amount of information makes me blank out at times.

Do I even touch the stacks of highlighted Becker notes, or just keep hitting 1440 MCQ's and hope that most topics repeat 🙂 ? arrrghh!!!!

AUD - 75*, 88 done 5/14! (*exp)
    BEC - 74 , 77
    REG - 65 , 76 (10 point combooo!!)
    FAR - 69 , 75

Dr: perseverance
    Dr: intelligence
    Dr: luck
    . Cr: . advisory score

zieba
    Participant

I'm in exactly the same boat as you CPA4bday!

I have passed all three sections and it's do or die December 6th! I previously sat for FAR without studying 3 months ago, got a 45. I have one chance to pass else audit expires. I then have until June to pass FAR and audit. I'm confident I can tackle audit, having gone through the #%$*&! ringer that was 3 sections of the CPA.

I see you've been fortunate enough – or maybe not – to have gotten some exposure to FAR in your previous sittings.

I have 2 weeks and change and it's overwhelming, I stopped writing notes, doing Becker homework and watching lectures and started do just bang out MCQ's. I started with Becker but I found many problems to be so complicated that they are discouraging (in comparison to those Released 2005-2012 which are short, to the point and more like what's on the exam).

I logged into my Wiley CPA test bank and really like the instant feedback of the practice sessions, so my plan is to do all 1,400 MCQ's they have or whatever it is.

There is so much material here, I don't know how to review something when I've forgotten the nuances of CH1 by the time I get to reviewing CH10.

I'm hopeful. Anyone else? PLEASE feel free to chime in… the plan is to just keep hitting Wiley MCQ with instant feedback on why something is wrong (and those helpful “light bulb” hints)…

I've done most sims once in becker, but have not devoted 1-3 days to studying those. I feel like anxiety over the sheer amount of information makes me blank out at times.

Do I even touch the stacks of highlighted Becker notes, or just keep hitting 1440 MCQ's and hope that most topics repeat 🙂 ? arrrghh!!!!

AUD - 75*, 88 done 5/14! (*exp)
    BEC - 74 , 77
    REG - 65 , 76 (10 point combooo!!)
    FAR - 69 , 75

Dr: perseverance
    Dr: intelligence
    Dr: luck
    . Cr: . advisory score

Anonymous
    Inactive

@zieba:

Yeahhh…I'm kinda just so pissed at FAR at this point, I've resigned myself to taking this section as many times as needed to pass…that's just how it is…I WILL pass FAR…it will not defeat me permanently.

You're the first person who seems to have an easier time with WTB vs. Becker…I have used Becker for every section up until this last attempt with FAR. At first WTB pissed me off…it's like a different dialect of accounting. But eventually I got it…I sat there and pounded 20 + MCQ per topic until I got around or over 70-75% on each topic. After I got through all of the topics and was proficient enough I pounded pop quizzes, which really helped to round things out and make sure I didn't forget the earlier topics.

Good luck zieba! We can do this…I'm not even worried. It'll happen.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.