160 Hours+2000 MCQ+150 Sims+Becker Text Completed+Daily Audio & Notes=AUDIT FAIL

• Creator
    Topic
    MintsRGood
    Participant

After putting in around 160 hours, 2000+ MCQS, 150+ SIMS, 7 full practice tests the week leading up to the exam (results from 80-90%), daily Ninja Audio, weekly Ninja Notes, a complete read through and notes/outlines prepared of every chapter in Becker Text, a Wiley test bank average of 88%ā€¦I found out this afternoon that I FAILED AUDIT AGAIN. I actually did worse this time than the last, Iā€™ve gone from a 71 to a 68. I was calm and collected at prometric and left feeling like I had a strong chance of passingā€¦I almost fell over to see a 68 after working so hard. I AM SO ANGRY.

I have no idea what I could have done differently or why this happened. I didn’t slack off one bit and was proud of the effort I put in this time around. I feel SO incredibly angry and very confused as to what I did wrong.

Where do I go from here? Should I retest ASAP in April? Should I obtain new materials? Any feedback or ideas on how to approach Audit differently are tremendously appreciated.

REG: 75 DONE šŸ™‚
    AUD: 61, 71, 68, 92 DONE šŸ™‚
    BEC: 76 DONE šŸ™‚
    FAR: 72, 74, 79 DONE šŸ™‚
    Licensed Michigan CPA šŸ™‚
    -Some people dream of success...others wake up and work hard for it!!!
    -The cowards never start and the weak die along the way!
    -You better work, b***h!
    -Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.-JFK

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Did you use/try to use the AL for the AUD sims? If you didnt I'd strongly suggest doing so. I found one of mine word for word. Good luck next time, go green!!

MintsRGood
    Participant

Thanks CPAYE! I had found 4 of 7 in the AL tab, so I'd left feeling like I'd hit the lotto šŸ™ Hopefully the Michigan board will send me the comparative report against candidates who passed and I can see if I was weaker on MCQS vs. SIMS…although with a 68 I feel like I must have sucked at everything!!!

Good Luck to you as well and Go White!!!!!! šŸ™‚

-You better work, b***h!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Mints I would suggest taking AUD asap and do not change review materials. Stick with what you know.

Sorry about your score. Hang in there.

mdrobbin

Sounds like you are doing everything right, the feeling must be beyond frustrating. One thing that I have found useful for me is, when going through the Wiley Test Bank, every time I find an interesting fact nugget or get a question wrong, I keep a word document open at the same time and constantly type those notes out. I keep a separate Word Doc for the concepts that I continue to get wrong and I consider very important… that file I title “Critical Review”. This is all on top of my handwritten notes when I'm going through the videos.

Leading up to the AUD exam I hammered MCQ and read NINJA Notes probably 6-8 times through and focused STRONGLY on my notes over things I got wrong on the test bank.

These exams are so darn tricky and I feel for you right now. Perhaps my method of taking notes at the same time as going through the MCQ's will help… that's the only thing I can think of to offer advice. Keep your head up and keep plugging away. Good luck.

FAR - 2012 - PASSED (YAEGER)
    AUD - 2012 - PASSED (YAEGER + NINJA NOTES)
    BEC - 2012 - PASSED (YAEGER + NINJA NOTES)
    REG - 2013 - PASSED (YAEGER + NINJA NOTES + NINJA AUDIO)

ETHICS - 2013 - PASSED

DONE!!! Thank you A71 for all the support! Hiya!!!

MintsRGood
    Participant

@candothis Thanks for the feedback on the retest! I wasn't sure if I should move onto another topic or take another stab as soon as the window opens again!

@mdrobbin Thanks for the fact nugget strategy, I will give it a try over the weekend! I learn best from writing things up/note taking, so I can certainly implement that going forward in the next few weeks.

Thanks again for the advice, I really do appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-You better work, b***h!

wendywhite

auditing changes from here – you'll have to update your materials.

FAR 11/2012: 80
    AUD 2/19/2013: 90
    REG 5/14/2013: 76
    BEC 11/2013: 85
    Ethics: 100
    Waiting on the packet....

Futile

@MintsRGood: Ouch! I am so sorry for you. šŸ™

I used some of everything to study for AUD and found that some courses covered some areas better than others, so I actually think it's good to at least supplement with some other course. I think what helped the most was going through the CSOs and fleshing them out with my notes. That way, I knew I was studying everything.

The AUD exam isn't changing until July, so I'd definitely try to get it in before then, since you're already familiar with things the way they are now.

CPA exam: Done!

Thank You, Lord.

MintsRGood
    Participant

Thanks guys!!! I am going to retest around April 16th and put in 110% yet again and hope it pays off.

I appreciate the feedback and good luck!!!

-You better work, b***h!

henryv

@wendy I know it won't change until June 2013. Where have you heard that info?

FAR - 92 02/2013
    AUD - 90 05/2013
    REG - 85 10/2013
    BEC - 80 12/2013

I'M DONE. THANK YOU LORD!

MintsRGood
    Participant

I'm going to purchase my NTS as soon as my 48 blacklisting expires and refocus! I'm going to stay away from the online test bank for a week or two…perhaps I became overly familiar with the questions and didn't genuinely understand the core! I picked up the 2013 Wiley Textbook on the way home from work and perhaps a different presentation will help.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!!!

-You better work, b***h!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mints,

I also failed.

Here's the playbook I'll be following for the next 3 weeks:

https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/aud-how-i-earned-24-additional-points

jamesb

how do you do “2000+ MCQS, 150+ SIMS,”?? if you would do just 1000 MCQ and 50 SIMS…then you might get some quality study….just my 2 cents

AUD: TBA-
    FAR Done
    BEC Done

Becker
    NINJA for AUD

NVCPA

All my buddies that work in tax passed the first time, yet I am an auditor and have had no success.

I am a sincere believer that success greatly depends on the set of questions and sims you receive on your exam. If you were to take it the day after (with a different mix of MCQs and sims) you probably would have passed. Keep your head up.

You will crush it this time!

FAR - 80
    AUD - 73,73,73,82
    BEC - 84
    REG - 73, 81

Ethics - Done

Experience - Enough for a bunch of us to get certified.

DONE! Thank god for this forum!

mla1169
    Participant

With the ninja notes, did you rewrite them? When I took aud the 3rd time, I gave myself 30 days. I rewrote 10 pages/day (rewrote a total of 3x) and did 100 mcq's per day. I didn't bother practicing SIMS, because I figured thr AL made them a “gimme”. It definately improved my score!

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

MintsRGood
    Participant

Hi Casey, I'm so sorry to hear that we are in the audit rematch boat and that you were so close! šŸ™ It's such a rotten feeling to see any number between 70-74. I also love that thread by MCLKT and will be implementing some of her techniques as well! I'll be checking in on the Audit study group page and I'm sure you will too. When are you scheduling Audit in April?

@JamesB Unfortunately I have learned the hard way with this go around that completing a massive arbitrary number of questions completed does not necessarily yield a pass. I thought that by doing every MCQ and SIM in the online bank at least twice (which is how you hit 2000+ MCQs in 8 weeks, its about 80 per day) would give me the edge needed to pass. Looking back on it now, perhaps I was memorizing the Q&A rather that truly understanding the concepts…it just really sucks to find this out the hard way. I do agree that quality is more important than quantity in this case and have learned a valuable and expensive lesson going forward.

@NVCPA Thanks!!!!!! I am very anxious to receive my candidate bulletin to see what fell apart because honestly I don't even know where to start. Best of luck to you on your Audit rematch!!! When are you testing again?

@Mla1169 Your jump in audit score is awesome!!! I wrote out the ninja notes by hand once but after writing up the entire becker text, I ran out of steam the rewrite of the ninja notes for a second time. I had thought, incorrectly, that reading them weekly and listening to ninja audio would compensate. I love your idea of 30 days @ 10 pages per day to yield 3 rewrites! I am going to start writing up Ninja notes this weekend and get back on the wagon!!! I'm going to lay off the test bank for the next 2 weeks. I picked up the 2013 Wiley Text and am going to complete the modules and see how I stand up to new MCQS to figure out where I am truly weak on these topics!

Thank you all so much for your feedback, I really appreciate your input and support!!!!!

Good Luck Everyone!!!!!!! šŸ™‚

-You better work, b***h!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.