18 Month Pass Period

• Creator
    Topic

I have a question in regards to the 18 months you have to pass the 4 sections of the exam. When does the 18 month period start running? On the first day of your NTS or on the day you took the first exam that you passed? I have passed 3 sections and am nervous about losing credit because I still need to pass REG. I am taking REG again next Friday but want to know how long I have in case I don’t pass. I passed AUD on Feb 14th, 2014 which was the first exam I took. When does my 18th month period end?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    thechapman

Day you sat for the first exam you passed, but that's in Texas. I would call your state board to make absolutely sure because I've seen posts on here about people getting screwed on that sort of deal due to weird rules.

Passed - 2014

Thank you. I will contact my State Board to make sure.

Megatron
    Participant

Personally I wish there was a way to prevent it from expiring like you pay a fee to keep it active or take a CPE class exclusively for renewing it for another 18 months. If NASBA is about dat money, I'd be willing to pay if mine were about to expire. Just sayin.

AUD - 89
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 77
    REG - 85
    -Megatron

FAR - 77
    BEC - 77
    AUD - 89
    REG - 85

Determined CPA
    Participant

Doesn't the NASBA website tell you when your exams expire? That's what I've been basing mine off…

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Paperwork sent - waiting for license!!
    Still on a cloud and in shock. Through God, all things will happen.

Kimboroni

That's probably one of the issues thechapman was referencing. The poster in a thread was going by what NASBA said, which turned out to be wrong. Luckily it ended up getting ruled in the poster's favor. But don't take it on chance. Make sure you know what your state's rules are.

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Determined CPA, where on the NASBA website does it tell you where your exams expired?

My state's website (NC) says the period starts when you take the first exam that you pass. That makes me feel a little better if I don't pass next Friday. I thought I only had to July 1st but I'll have to August 14th. With busy season coming up at work, I don't know how much time I will have to study so having another testing window besides April and May is a bit of a relief.

Determined CPA
    Participant

So I sat for Reg July 17th – but my FAR exam is Jan 31, which is after the 18 months I guess…ugh now im stressing!!! NASBA site says I have until feb 28th – wth!!!

does anyone know the NY rules? I would fail if I had to test the 17th, totally not prepared!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Determined CPA
    Participant

NCCPA Hopeful – im not sure if all the states are the same, but for NY I go to Nasba.org, click on CPA exam and then select NY and apply. After I log in, I shows me all 4 exams and my score and their ‘expiration date'.

Where did you find when the period starts? I cant find it for NY.

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Determined CPA
    Participant

So NY says “You may take the required test sections individually and in any order, but are required to pass all four sections of the examination within a rolling 18 month period, which begins and ends at the end of non-testing windows (March 31, June 30, September 30 or December 31).” So I think for NY you have until the end of the testing window, if i'm reading that correct. Does anyone disagree? Talk about unnecessary stress!!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

leglock
    Participant

all states are not the same. in illinois you literally have 18 months from the date you took the first test that you passed. Other states allow you until the last day of the testing window that 18 month period falls within

Determined CPA, I found the rule for NC at the State Board's site. https://nccpaboard.gov/applicants/exam-applicants/

“Credit awarded by the Board for passage of a section of the Exam is valid for an 18-month period beginning on the date the section section is taken, not the date of the score notice.”

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.