2 Days till FAR – still not comfortable

• Creator
    Topic
    OnMyWay732
    Participant

So work has been crazy, and even though I gave myself a lot of time to study for FAR, a lot of it was thrown away in October because of having to work late. So for the past 3 weeks or so I have been goin hard on everything, and I thought I was OK. I understand how Leases and Bonds work, Pensions, everything…then I began the becker final exams.

Does Becker take the hardes questions that have been on the CPA and throw them on those final exams? I mean I learned from them but my first run through I got about a 50%. Questions are not worded or displayed as they had been in the text/review questions.

Should I be doing anything else to review for FAR or just taking these final exams and constantly doing MCQs (with the occasional SIM)?

This is one test I don’t want to have to retake. Thanks!

AUD - July 2014 - 76
    REG - August 2014 - 82
    FAR - November 2014 - 78
    BEC - January 2015 - 81

DONE!!!!

Used Becker online. Who needs a text when you can burn your eyes out staring at the screen for months on end?

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mccaberp

Becker final exams are notorious for being more difficult than the HW. You can usually add about 10-20 points to your score on the exams. Two days before the exam I would avoid doing the practice exams and concentrate on progress tests and determining your weaknesses and nailing out some MCQ in those areas and then repeating the process.

AUD: Pass
    REG: Pass
    BEC: Pass
    FAR: Pass

First try CPA. Thank god. God bless America.

OnMyWay732
    Participant

Thanks man…good call…i am learning some items from these, just because I have never seen the questions so it's forcing me to…in addition to the small details you might have looked over while studying…but I am definitely doing progress tests non stop stating around noon all the way till tomorrow night.

Appreciate it

AUD - July 2014 - 76
    REG - August 2014 - 82
    FAR - November 2014 - 78
    BEC - January 2015 - 81

DONE!!!!

Used Becker online. Who needs a text when you can burn your eyes out staring at the screen for months on end?

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Gabe
    Participant

Agree completely with @mcca

CPA, CFE
    CISA- Experience will be completed by August 2016

juuustin

I have 3 days until my FAR exam and my plan is to do the second Becker Final Exam tonight when I get home from work. I got a 72.2 on the first one for MCQ and about a 90 on the SIMS so I feel okay with where I am. I know it isn't always recommended to do a practice test so close to exam date but I just see it as a 90 questions review set, which is no different than an F1-F10 progress test.

MD Candidate: 10/1/14

FAR - 87 (11/23/14)
    REG - 87 (1/30/15)
    BEC - 89 (4/19/15)
    AUD - 98 (5/30/15)

Ethics - 100

Experience - In Progress!

rana_cali

You will never feel ready for FAR. As much as u prepare, u'll always feel a little uncomfortable going in…but u can do this!! Make sure u allocate enough time for the SIMS (like an hour and 45 min at least) to have ample time to understand what they're asking for and then tackle them one by one.

AUD: 84
    FAR: 75
    BEC: 78
    REG: 75

DONE-ZO!!!!!!!!

REG: Used Becker 2014 book, NINJA MCQ, Ninja notes, ninja audio

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.