2 Tests in 1 Day – Post Game Show – Sorry no highlights!

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

1. I’m exhausted!

2. Would I ever recommend anyone do this unless they were about to lose a score? NO, but if you had to do it then REG and FAR would be the best combination, in my opinion. There is a lot of cross over between the two. I would have to remind myself which test I was on!

3. Do I think I passed REG, FAR or both? We’ll see sometime in May.

4. Did the testlets get harder or easier? Define Harder or Easier. Nothing about this exam is easy, in my opinion. I can never tell anyway. To explain what I mean, without disclosing test questions, I will use the following example:

What colors to you mix to get green?

A. Yellow and Orange

B. Blue and Yellow

C. Red and Black

D. White and Blue

And then the next question is:

How many parts of yellow and how many parts of blue are required to be mixed in a 5 gallon bucket with a hole 16 inches from the bottom to achieve the ultimate goal of teal, if you didn’t want a dark teal and not a chartreuse?

A. 1 part Yellow, 2 parts Blue

B. 2 parts Yellow, 2 parts Blue

C. 3 parts Yellow, 1 part Blue

D. 3.6 parts Yellow, 1.4 parts Blue

If the questions went from Kindergarten level to an Art college level in the same testlet, then is the testlet a hard, medium or easy one? Like I said I can never tell.

5. Were there any surprises? No. I had either read or worked a problem on every topic on both exams. There were no surprises. The NINJA notes were great. I just wish I had a photographic memory. On a couple of questions, I could see the page in my mind and I knew where the answer was on the page, but I couldn’t read it. The NINJA audio for REG gave me few points that I might have missed otherwise. Thank you Jeff! Those memory tricks are great!

6. Was it tricky? Of course, it’s the CPA exam. I got flustered on a couple of questions and wasted time but that was mainly because I didn’t RTFQ! I regrouped and started that question over, ultimately I managed to get an answer that I believed to be correct.

7. Did I do EVERYTHING possible to pass? I think I did but my scores may tell me that I did not. There is no one to blame but me if I don’t see two 75’s.

8. Did I put to much emphasis on studying one topic at the expense of others? Maybe.

9. I’m exhausted!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

Great writeup – I made it a post on the blog 🙂

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm working on one right now. You can use this one later if you want.

mla1169
    Participant

Hang up the superwoman cape and get some rest! I have a good feeling about this!

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The cape is officially hung up! I will leave the Superwoman stuff to JoMarie. I'm about to venture out to get some supper and then watch some television, I haven't done that in a while, and then go to bed early. I will say that I don't feel “bad” about either one of them.

PistolPete

Major respect, Kricket. You've been through the gauntlet today.

FAR - 68, 79
    AUD - 82
    REG - 71, 71, 80
    BEC - 76

CMA
    Part 1: October 2013
    Part 2: January 2014

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow! that is tough! I give you so much credit for taking on two exams in one day. Way to go! You should be very proud of yourself 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

AMAZING! So glad to get some inspiration from this forum! Good work 🙂

Minimorty
    Participant

Good luck, Kricket!!! It is out of your hands now. Well done!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks everyone. Now I don't know what to do with myself. I was going to watch television but apparently in the last month and a half, everyone has taken all of the good shows off of the air. You are right @mini, it's out of my hands, lets just hope I gave them enough to work with! Ha Ha

mgoloubenko

Very proud of you Kricket! All the best 🙂

FAR 4/9/12- PASSED
    BEC 7/13/12- PASSED
    AUD 8/16/12- Ughhh 71, Rematch: 90!!!
    REG-12/6/12 PASSED

USC MAcc- Fight on!

They say good things come to those who wait, but only those things that are left by those who hustle.

Marivy22
    Participant

You did it, now the wait for the magical numbers begin.

Now, take some time to pamper yourself, you must be exhausted….

Done 😉
    Class of 2012!!!!
    Lots of prayers and hard work....

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Kricket, so so so proud of you!! You're an inspiration to many of us! I really hope you see two magical numbers, you deserve it!!!

Laura
    Participant

@kricket- you amaze me!! Did you drive back home or are you still in Houston? I sure hope you get a good nights sleep and relax!! You are such an inspiration to so many on here including myself. Watch out AICPA Kricket is done paying your light bills, phone bills, and she would like the wing named after her (you know the one right off the wing named after myself) to be done already!!

REG-80, 77, 77
    BEC-67, 68, 71, 67, 71, 74, 71, 74, 72, 77
    FAR- 72, 65,67, 53, 75 (truth be known the 53 was with 4 hours of studying)
    AUD-58, 62, 72, 74, 74, 75
    took 5 years but I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@kricket:

just out of curiousity – how much time did you allocate to the simulations? The last time I took FAR I ran out of time and only had 40 mins to do all the simulations. It took 20 minutes just to read them so I'm really worried about my time now. Did you run out of time? Any pointers on time management? I am a real slow test taker 🙁

hopecpa

u r cool kricket….2 papers in one day amazing, good luck with the results……

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.