2012 Becker Material For REG

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll be using Becker’s ’12 material + Roger’s ’13 material (videos etc) for this section. The only reasoning I’m including the Becker material is because Roger’s material lacks a lot of the necessary details to pass this section which I’ll be taking at the end of August.

Besides the phase out figures, deductions amounts, were there any updates between ’12-’14 that majorly affect Becker’s ’12 REG material?

Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Amay

I would just look at the Becker site for updates or the IRS site to get the 2014 rules for any 2012 rules mentioned in your book. However, because it's REG, I would not recommend using old materials. Who knows how many more things have changed since 2012.

BEC: 73, 81
    AUD: 85
    FAR: 71, 77
    REG: 74, 75...finally DONE! 😀

*This is my 2nd attempt at the CPA exam. For all of you who have failed this exam many times, given up on it, or taken a break like me, remember that it is still possible to finish what you started...failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently 🙂

jpowell31
    Participant

i took REG with Becker 2012 books in late 2013 when the changes took effect…there are only small changes like % medical deductions and stuff – i found that Jeff's audio supplemented well for this kind of reminder. it's just the practice of the old questions that would trip you up.

-__-
    RIST

Well, I can tell you that the PTIN is now unconstitutional and my old prof told me the AICPA was pushing a good deal of MCQs on the topic. So Ignore that.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.