California: 2014 Change

• Creator
    Topic
    mailinknee

Hi.

My name is melanie and i am in the state of california.

I was wondering what happens to those still in the window of 18 months after the change in 2014… I’m new to cpa forum and very curious and anxious in knowing all information before continuing my studies and putting all my effort through my cpa license. I am not certain if all parts to obtain the cpa license is required before the 2014. Since I am starting now to study but not a graduate until March.

Please! Someone advise me!

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Starting Jan 2014 the new requirements for education are:

-150 credit hours, of which 24 units must be accounting course, another 24 must be business related courses, another 20 must be “accounting study” courses, and another 10 must be “ethics study” courses.

In addition, the current Pathway 1 (which requires only 120 credit hours and 2 years of experience) will be eliminated. More information an be found here: https://www.dca.ca.gov/cba/applicants/lic_require.shtml

mailinknee

Thanks! Helped a lot!

Would anyone be kind enough in the spirit of the holidays review my list of classes that I organized to see if the classes fit the requirements? Or if anyone knows who I can contact to find out?

Thanks!

You should get in contact with the State Board. A friend of mine did because we were worried about having to go back to school and they basically indicated that the additional units needed are to further the education of those who minored in accounting.

B 71 - 79 EXPIRED
    A 69 - 75 EXPIRED
    R 65 - 48 - 45
    F 56 - 61 - 65 - 64

Becker, Wiley Test Bank, Wiley Text and Ninja Notes

"The fish who keeps on swimming is the first to chill upstream" -311

Experience - Done, like WAAAY done.
    Still need 30 more credits, in basket weaving (gotta love new CA requirements)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.