2015 Tax Law

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All, I’m kinda confused. I’m take Reg next month and I have the Wiley/Cpa excel 2015 study guide. When I take the test next month, will they test on 2015 tax law or will it be 2014 tax law? Am I gonna have to buy the july 2015 version?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    xdesix
    Participant

You'll be tested on 2015 tax law. You don't have to buy new materials if you have the January – May 2015 version, they are not drastic updates. Mostly just a few important numbers that you can get if you have CPA excel… they should give you updates if you have the actual program. Or you can get ninja notes, they update you on everything as well. I'm sure if you even look around on the internet, they'll even show you what numbers have been updated that might be important. Honestly not enough to buy a whole different book for it.

AUD: Passed
    BEC: Passed
    REG: Studying

WaivingMyHands_ALOT
    Participant

I had a similar issue when I took the exam. Started studying for REG May/Jun and took exam in July. As a result I ended up studying PY material and didn't realize until a week or two before the exam that I would be tested on new material. But it doesn't make much of a difference. They rarely test you on numbers (i.e., 2015 personal exemption/standard deduction, 179 phase out, etc.). It's more on concepts.

So I wouldn't stress about buying a whole new book

AUD 99
    BEC 96
    FAR 94
    REG 96

jeff
    Keymaster

Easy Button:

Estate Tax exemption: $5,430,000

179: $25,000/$200,000

Kiddie Tax exemption: $1,050

Those are the major changes (179 isn't a change, though)

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks everyone!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.