2016 Virginia New Licensed CPAs Award Ceremony etc..

• Creator
    Topic
    makiu
    Participant

Hi fellow ninjas!!

Is there any newly VA licensed CPA ninjas on this forum planning to attend this activity on May 24. I’m looking forward to attend and to network.

Hiya!!

Makiu, CPA, MST

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hi!! I am! Would love to meet up with a fellow new CPA! can you send me a private message?

Anonymous
    Inactive

There's no private messaging feature on this site…so he can't send you a private message. 😐 However, if you wanted to connect on LinkedIn, that's allowed.

Tncincy
    Participant

Congratulations to both of you….must be an exciting time…..hope you enjoy your ceremony.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

happygal
    Participant

Congrats! Does anyone know if California has a ceremony too?

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok, you can text me at 434-515-2511

Anonymous
    Inactive

that is pretty cool – i had no idea states had these sort of functions for new cpas.

anyone know if other states do it? I have never heard of this before.

makiu
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@daredevils33 I'm in Kentucky and they had a similar thing. I didn't go to it, cause it was on like a Thursday night and 2 hours away and I had to work Friday morning, and I think it was during our month-end closing cycle at the job I had at the time though I could be wrong about that last piece. Either way, I didn't figure it was worth going to work short on sleep, and since the CPA society is based out of the town 2 hours away, I didn't figure I'd be doing many activities with them going forward. However, as a “just licensed” CPA, I would have gotten my meal free IIRC, whereas others who wished to attend (other CPAs or if I wanted to bring a date etc.) it was like $40/plate, so the free meal was a nice thing too. 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.