3 days before FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    yanks2

Hey guys,

So I’m taking far in a couple days and wanted to get some last minute advice for what to focus on. I feel like I’ve got a good grasp of the major concepts (pensions, bonds, leases, govt, NFP). What else do you guys think I should go over? Also, without disclosing any exam info, are there any broad things you wish you had covered more? (for example: journal entries, practice SIMS, GAAP v. IFRS, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I took FAR yesterday. It's a good idea to know Gov't, NFP, IRFS, and JE's associated with all major topics. This shouldn't be a surprise, but that's the advice I will give. Also, I felt my simulations were pretty straight forward, but I'm sure that's not the case for everyone. If you have extra time – do Gov't and NFP MCQ's. Best of luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I took FAR yesterday. It's a good idea to know Gov't, NFP, IRFS, and JE's associated with all major topics. This shouldn't be a surprise, but that's the advice I will give. Also, I felt my simulations were pretty straight forward, but I'm sure that's not the case for everyone. If you have extra time – do Gov't and NFP MCQ's. Best of luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I take FAR Friday.

NFP and Gov't MCQ on Ninja til test day.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I take FAR Friday.

NFP and Gov't MCQ on Ninja til test day.

yanks2

@cmyers5: alright, sweet. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to keep doing govt and NFP becker progress tests.

@_Nick_: Yeah I'll probably be doing the same. How do you feel about all the other topics?

yanks2

@cmyers5: alright, sweet. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to keep doing govt and NFP becker progress tests.

@_Nick_: Yeah I'll probably be doing the same. How do you feel about all the other topics?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can never study Government and NFP too much.

With that being said, hopefully you're wrapping up your studies. My advice to everyone is to do light studying the day before and no studying (or extremely light) the day of the exam. You're getting to the point where you either know the material or you don't and you run the risk of confusing yourself or starting to second guess yourself on the material you do know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can never study Government and NFP too much.

With that being said, hopefully you're wrapping up your studies. My advice to everyone is to do light studying the day before and no studying (or extremely light) the day of the exam. You're getting to the point where you either know the material or you don't and you run the risk of confusing yourself or starting to second guess yourself on the material you do know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm reviewing pensions again tonight after dinner, and then NFP and Gov't for the remainder tonight.

Sims for pensions now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm reviewing pensions again tonight after dinner, and then NFP and Gov't for the remainder tonight.

Sims for pensions now.

OnMyWay732
    Participant

Definitely Govt and NFP…I thought I had a decent understanding but the questions were very detailed for me. Same with JE. A lot more than I expected

AUD - July 2014 - 76
    REG - August 2014 - 82
    FAR - November 2014 - 78
    BEC - January 2015 - 81

DONE!!!!

Used Becker online. Who needs a text when you can burn your eyes out staring at the screen for months on end?

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

OnMyWay732
    Participant

Definitely Govt and NFP…I thought I had a decent understanding but the questions were very detailed for me. Same with JE. A lot more than I expected

AUD - July 2014 - 76
    REG - August 2014 - 82
    FAR - November 2014 - 78
    BEC - January 2015 - 81

DONE!!!!

Used Becker online. Who needs a text when you can burn your eyes out staring at the screen for months on end?

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you're hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Anonymous
    Inactive

Definitely Gov't & NFP, it will make a difference on exam day. Oh, and IFRS.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Definitely Gov't & NFP, it will make a difference on exam day. Oh, and IFRS.

yanks2

@Angelwatch: Yeah, I finished all the material a few weeks ago. Just been reviewing since.

So it seems like the general consensus is govt and NFP. I'm gonna read the chapters again and keep doing the MCQ. Thanks a lot guys.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.