3 down 1 to go. How hard is BEC?

• Creator
    Topic
    tailz2016

I hear BEC is not as hard compared to the other exams . But I still see many posts that people fail it. I’m getting ready to take the exam early January . Any advice? This would be my first attempt at BEC

THANKS TO GOD

FAR - 76
    AUD- 88
    REG - 76
    BEC- 74, 80

DONE!!!!!

Roger cpa review ( Added Ninja for BEC)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    rana_cali

The material isn't as hard as FAR or REG but that doesn't mean that it should be underestimated. The BEC exam has a lot of randomness so that could be why a lot of people fail. My biggest advice would be to focus on COSO, variances, and cost accounting.

Give it the time it needs & best of luck!

AUD: 84
    FAR: 75
    BEC: 78
    REG: 75

DONE-ZO!!!!!!!!

REG: Used Becker 2014 book, NINJA MCQ, Ninja notes, ninja audio

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with rani. It's not as overwhelming as the other sections and a lot of people underestimate BEC. There are more random topics with less cohesion. Also IT to your study list. There are a lot of formulas, which are hard for some people. There are a lot of concepts/definitions as well. If you approach it without the “it's easy” concept in your head and don't underestimate it you should do fine.

UyghurCPA

I totally agree with rana_cali and CPAMommyof3. Do not underestimate BEC! Make sure you have a good understanding of all topics.

FAR - 74, 80!
    AUD - 82!
    REG - 73, 80!
    BEC - 75!!!!
    I AM DONE!!!

NJPRU

Okay – so, from one test taker to another.. BEC material study is fairly easy. Becker is annoying at first especially B2 and B3 but take your time and get through it. It takes a while for everything to stick, but take notes and get through all the material first.. the second time is easy peasy.. I went through it 3 times until I started scoring 85%+ on all sections… Never once looked at a SIM; however, I looked at the beginning of Becker's material and reviewed their recommendations on how to perform and write them out.

The exam.. it really only depends on which exam you get (I cant stress this enough). I kid you not, and many people have seen me write this, I wholeheartedly thought I failed. I marked 25 questions on the exam as a straight up, IDK, and I didnt have much time to go back and reread my SIMs for grammatical errors and had literally only 30s to finish. I am CONVINCED they only graded me on the first section of the exam… I finished that within 20 minutes and thought it was VERY easy, second and third sections were hard and then medium. I ended up scoring an 85 and I have absolutely no idea how (not complaining).

Best bet is to just master your study material and plow your way through the exam and continue to strive for success. It really depends on which “type” of exam you get. Hopefully an easy one so you dont have to deal with 2-3 weeks of doubting yourself like I did. Best of luck and please let me know if you have any questions. 🙂

AUD: DONE
    FAR: DONE
    BEC: DONE
    REG: DONE

IM GOING TO BE A CPA!!!!!

greg422

Do not underestimate it. Personally I found studying for it much worse than AUD or REG. If your a cost accounting person you might not find it that bad but I tend to despise cost accounting.

REG - 82
    AUD - 97
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 84
    DONE!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought BEC was worse than REG. I just really hated BEC. I don't understand how people think it's the easiest.

marti1nd

I thought BEC was by far the easiest exam…but I failed it because I didn't put in the proper amount of time to prep for it.

Prep for it like you would FAR, AUD, and REG and you will be just fine.

BEC: 10/2013 71
    AUD: 12/2013 75
    BEC: 02/2014 89
    REG: 05/2014 86
    FAR: 11/2014 81

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Easy” is a relative concept.

If you work in a tax practice, Reg is likely on the “easier” side. I had audit experience and found audit to be no big deal. Reg was a foreign language to me and took a minute to understand things like Capital Assets mean different things than FAR.

If you understand economics, already know formulas for ratio analysis, understand cost accounting and have some working IT knowledge, BEC might be no big deal. If you know none of those thing, you've got some work to do.

Gatorbates
    Participant

I'll flat out say it: In my opinion, it was the worst of the four. No question.

Licensed Florida CPA:
    B: 71, 73, 79
    A: 83
    R: 78 (expired), 77
    F: 74, 74, 80

It's finally freaking over.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I brought study materials for 2014, can I still use those materials if I take the test January 2015? I doubt the exam changes that drastically

NJPRU

Yes you can. Becker is switching all material to the new material in March but it's highly recommended you use the new stuff now.

AUD: DONE
    FAR: DONE
    BEC: DONE
    REG: DONE

IM GOING TO BE A CPA!!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

study the math problems…. seriously focus on that because in my experience, if you knock the first testlet out of the park, you're going to get a bunch of difficult math problems on the next testlet. be prepared for them.

Rocky123

The first 3 chapters of BEC are rough (Becker), but if you work through it, you will succeed. All of the exams are tough in their own way. Just put in the time and effort as you did with the other sections. You will pass.

The tallest oak in the forest was once just a little nut that held its ground.

AUD-PASS
    BEC-PASS
    REG-PASS
    FAR-PASS

Rocky123, CPA

kappa1032
    Participant

I just took BEC last week and let me tell you, it is not to be underestimated. The first three chapters of Becker are the toughest and in my opinion, the most important to know very well.

FAR - 81
    REG - 74, 87
    AUD - 88
    BEC - 88

Finally.

“The only guarantee for failure is to stop trying”
    ― John C. Maxwell

Gatorgirl1231
    Participant

Depends on what you are good at… took me 3 times to pass BEC.

Florida Candidate

AUD: 77
    REG: 86
    FAR: TBD
    BEC: 79 (Expired)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.