3 tests in 3 (testing) months

• Creator
    Topic
    aegrace90
    Participant

I am taking AUD tomorrow after studying since the middle of May. I have BEC scheduled for 8/30 and FAR for 10/18. If I take a week off from studying after each exam, that gives me 7 weeks of studying for BEC and 6 weeks for FAR. I work 40 hours a week at a public accounting firm in audit, and study about 2 hours per night during the week and 5 hours on Saturday, nothing Sunday. Do you think the above test dates I have scheduled paired with my study schedule allows me enough time to be prepared and pass? I’ve never studied for BEC and I have taken FAR 3 times and failed (but have improved each time).

Thanks for any input 🙂

AUD - 7/14 DONE
    FAR - 10/14 DONE
    BEC - 11/14 DONE
    REG - 11/15 DONE

CPA in VT 1/16

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    M.O.D.

No it is not enough time.

3 month testing windows and 18 months total are there for a reason: use them.

Take one test per window and study 3 months/test.

Also, 2 hrs/ day is not enough. Try 4 hrs

BA Mathematics, UC Berkeley
    Certificates in CPA and EA preparation, College of San Mateo
    CMA I 420, II 470
    FAR 91, AUD Feb 2015 (Gleim self-study)

mla1169
    Participant

I'd switch them and give 7 weeks for FAR and 6 weeks for BEC which has significantly less material. I know you've already taken FAR but would still study as if it's the first time.

2 hrs per day is plenty if you're doing 4-5 per day on the weekends-20 hrs per week x 7 weeks if it's quality studying is sufficient. But if you're only getting 2 hours per day you really can't afford Sundays off and a week between exams. I always started again the day after an exam.

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think six and seven weeks are enough time. I wouldn't recommend studying longer than two months for a test as you will begin to drop off what you learned in the beginning. While the length of your studies is fine the intensity isn't. If I were in your shoes I would cut the time off after the exam to three days rather than a week and increase study hours to 25-30. You would be surprised how much time you can add on lunch and by getting up a little early. And there are no off days. Five hours on Sunday too.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think your schedule is fine, but would agree with either swapping FAR and BEC or moving FAR back to the end of October to get a couple extra weeks for it, just cause FAR is a beast. I did 5-6 weeks for most of my tests while working full-time and it worked fine.

Just listen to your gut when it nears exam-day and if the schedule you have seems too tight, then adjust as needed. You should be OK, but don't get so hung up on the schedule that you're unwilling to do what needs to be done to pass.

Oh, for me personally, a week off between – or at least a weekend off between – was essential for my mental health, and I still managed, so don't feel bad if you feel the need to do so as well. 🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.