3 weeks left till exam date advices

• Creator
    Topic
    Jasminekoko
    Participant

Hi guys, I have been searching the threads on this site and found some useful advices on tips in final review stage. I still feel like I need to get some reassurance for what to do in the last 3 weeks before the actual exam. Hammer the MCQ like there is no tomorrow in Becker and Ninja MCQ? I have worked on every sims in each chapters and have an idea of how I can tackle them on the actual exam. I haven’t touched the Ninja MCQ yet. I should focus on bonds, leases, NFP, Gov’t, income taxes accounting, pension, business combination, long term construction contracts, like-kind exchanges, EPS, diluted EPS, IFRS? ..that is almost all chapters of Becker. I should focus on those areas by hammering away MCQ? by memorizing the contents? by ……??? I am just so nervous and worried. I would appreciate for any suggestions, tips, ect…anything is appreciated.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jasminekoko
    Participant

Anyone???

Gabe
    Participant

Since you've already gone through Becker, go through all of Ninja MCQ, that'll give you an idea of your weaker areas, hammer those out and you should be good!

CPA, CFE
    CISA- Experience will be completed by August 2016

jbarwick

Jeff mentions in Podcast #57 that with 2 weeks left, 1 week should be to rewrite notes to help convert to memory and 1 week to really do a lot of MCQs. I take my test April 3 for FAR and have done a combination of this method. If you truly have a weakness, start with those chapters, do some MCQ sets of 30 within that chapter and see if you have improved.

I started with business combinations then moved onto pension plans and income tax accounting. Next up I am looking over leases again and I think I should be good for most sections. Then I will just try to keep motivation of studying more even though my first practice Becker exam scored a 75 and am taking another next weekend. It is now a struggle and am hoping I do not forget little things before the test.

Podcast: https://www.another71.com/cpa-reviewed-57/

Journey Started - January 2015
    FAR - 4/2015 - Passed
    AUD - 7/2015 - Passed
    BEC - 8/2015 - Passed
    REG - 11/12/2015 - Passed

lavendersky

I am also taking FAR april 3th and I'm feeling so overwhelm. I'm so sick of studying that going through a couple more “progress test” in becker makes me want to throw up! I want to give up because I'm so bad at memorizing stuff and it drives me nuts when I forget it !!!

I scored in the 70's for Becker 1st practice exam but that is mainly b/c i did well on stimulation. I heard the stimulations from becker are no where compare to the actual exam! But M/C ques are harder in becker than actual exam. I didn't do too well in M/C scoring like 60s to 70s.

Will I have a chance to pass? I'm still so confused on some topics that I feel like I'll never be able to get like deferred tax liability/asset. And I obviously can't remember all the IFRS/US GAAP differences!!!!

FAR- PASSED
    AUD- PASSED
    REG- PASSED
    BEC-

You got to do what you have to do!

Jamessemma
    Participant

Focus on your weakness and try not to skip little simple review such as a simple formula as simple as if it should be average or total of something. These things i made mistake on review day and ended up getting brain freeze if something should be a total or something or an average of something. Every little thing you review will defiantly help since you don't know what you may be tested on. Trust me, you would be disappointed if a simple question you can easily answer ends up being wrong because someone was too lazy to review a simple formula or information. Also what i did wrong on my previous exam was i studied the very difficult stuff and didn't review the simple stuff and all the simple stuff was asked on the exam which bummed me out on receiving a 71 on the exam. Just grind out the question and don't do what i did which is burn yourself out a day before the exam. I burned myself out the last 2 days before exam and on exam day my brain was fried so take it easy on those final couple days, you know more than you think you know. Also go on AICPA website and do the practice questions, its exactly the same format on what you will be seeing.

BEC: 82
    FAR: 80
    REG: 81
    AUD: Last exam, end of may 2016.

Key to passing the exam is understanding the topic chapter and sections, not just memorizing what you read. The more you practice multiple choice, the greater chance you have to passing the exam.

lavendersky

good advices!! thanks!

FAR- PASSED
    AUD- PASSED
    REG- PASSED
    BEC-

You got to do what you have to do!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.