3 weeks past due now!

• Creator
    Topic
    red3biggs

I passed, got all the paperwork done, and we had 1 hiccup on work experience. The CPA signing off retired 2 years ago from his firm, but continued working as a consultant for our company. He signed the paperwork for the past 2 years, post retirement. Board said he couldn’t do it as an outside (non-employee) CPA unless he was with a firm.

So, we resubmitted the paperwork for the year previous to that while he was still with a firm. And the person at the board said they would ask their supervisor to review since my CPA has retired (from his firm, but is still an active CPA) since doing my supervision.

And so, if its not approved by the end of today, it will be ANOTHER week before I get my CPA.

AUD: 8/17/2012
    REG: 4/29/2013
    BEC: 7/8/2013
    FAR: 1/16/2014

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I know that the wait seems eternal…but some people have had to wait longer even without a hiccup. I took my last exam in early Oct, got the results early Nov, and wasn't licensed till Jan, due to several factors…and I have yet to see an actual certificate! (Said it would take either a couple or a few months to get it – don't remember which.) Do you have a bonus or raise that is waiting on the certification? If not, just try to be patient and realize that a couple weeks won't make that much of a difference long-term.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know that the wait seems eternal…but some people have had to wait longer even without a hiccup. I took my last exam in early Oct, got the results early Nov, and wasn't licensed till Jan, due to several factors…and I have yet to see an actual certificate! (Said it would take either a couple or a few months to get it – don't remember which.) Do you have a bonus or raise that is waiting on the certification? If not, just try to be patient and realize that a couple weeks won't make that much of a difference long-term.

red3biggs

Raise: yes.

Just more time and frustration on top of it, and I needed to vent.

TY all for listening.

red3biggs

Raise: yes.

Just more time and frustration on top of it, and I needed to vent.

TY all for listening.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.