3 weeks to study for BEC?

• Creator
    Topic
    onmyway17

I’m planning to sit for BEC three weeks from today. Initially I planned to study for 5 weeks ( 2 ch a week plus 2 week review) but because of circumstance I had to cut down on time. Is it even realistic?? For those of you that have already taken and passed it any suggestions?

FAR - 82
    AUD- 91
    REG- 81
    BEC- 78

If it's important, you will find a way... if not, you will find an excuse. LET 2014 be the year!!!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jopa16

BEC is short so it is entirely possible to finish and do a mini-review before passing. Alternatively, push the test back a couple of weeks. No biggie since, if you fail, you'll have to wait all the way to October to take it again anyway.

REG 2/26/14 - 90
    BEC 4/08/14 - 92
    FAR 5/31/14 - 90
    AUD 7/09/14 -

Java230

i agree with jopa16, yes the material is pretty short. I did it in about 4 weeks (w/ full time job and kid) of study but i probably could have passed in 3 weeks BUT if you fail you can't retake it until October!! So think about any exam expiring, if you don't have anything at risk for expiring then take it now. If you only get one shot at it, wait until you aready. I had no risk, i knew i still had the July/Aug and the Oct/Nov time frame to pass BEC so i just went for it. I figured I had to at least fail once otherwise I wouldn't be as happy of my accomplishment (since I didn't suffer the failing) but it was easy and I didnt fail. I kept thinking that there was no way AICPA would allow me to pass all 4 on first try.

Licensed WA CPA 2/2015
    Government Auditor Since 2007

nigercpa
    Participant

Yes, it is possible. I studied for BEC in 2 weeks. The material is small compared to the other three and the fact that it does not have simulations make it a lot better. The WC does not require much stress to understand. So is very doable.

AUD - 87
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 83
    REG - 77
    Licensed in 2015

Far - Passed 83
    Aud - Passed 84
    Bec - Passed 77
    Reg- Passed 77

Kimboroni

Ah, interesting. It's doable in 2-4 weeks, eh? If I don't have too many costumes to make for our little anime convention that happens at the end of the summer, maybe I'll try to knock out BEC in August instead of waiting until the fall.

I'll have to think about this.

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Onmyway: what's your background? If you have basically none beyond basic undergrad classes in cost, econ, finance I would think it would be difficult unless you can study full time or can squeeze 90 hours in in three weeks. If you do it and are working I would at least suggest taking off 2-3 days beforehand and eat, sleep breathe BEC. Good luck!!

MBA,CMA,CPA, CFF?, ABV?

lude4life13

I did it in 2.5 weeks. One of those weeks I took off work though. If I didn't have those full days, it would have definitely been close. I also took it that fast more so because it was the end of the window, and it was either try in May and possibly fail, or wait until July and push EVERYTHING else back.

Mr. Clutch

I did Becker review and final review in 3 weeks and passed. But I had the luxury of spending an average of 4 hours a day on it. Cost accounting isn't my favorite.

AUD - 85
    REG - 78
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 79
    I've come too FAR to fail.

One and done!!!

onmyway17

I never really understood cost accounting/ finance. Financial acct was always my stronger subject rather than tax/cost acct. However, fortunately i have the opportunity to simply study full time for the next three weeks so i think i'm just gonna go for it and see how it goes!! Thanks everyone.. I actually got encouraged and this it's possible and that I'm not completely out of my mind!

FAR - 82
    AUD- 91
    REG- 81
    BEC- 78

If it's important, you will find a way... if not, you will find an excuse. LET 2014 be the year!!!!

Mamabear

Full time studying for 3 weeks? Definitely possible!! Good luck!

CPA Exam - Finally DONE (November 2014)
    BEC (08/10/13) 80
    AUD (08/24/13) 65 (11/13/13) 85
    FAR (04/12/14) 81
    REG (07/19/14) 69 (11/29/14) 87!!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.