3 weeks…enough?

• Creator
    Topic

So I’ve gotten into this habit of giving myself about a month and a half to study for each exam, then doing little to nothing until the last couple weeks roll around. Thus far my schedule has been as follows. Wake up at around 11am and, shower, make my two eggs over-easy and some bacon, procrastinate a little more while dabbling in some newly decriminalized activities to try and keep my mental health at a maximum before my September start date, study from around 1 to 10pm with a break for dinner, and get to bed once “the office” finishes at 1am…with some more dabbling sprinkled in.

Surprisingly this process, which is patent pending, has worked for FAR and REG…but now I’m scheduled to take AUD on Aug 25th and have only read 10 pages of chapter 1 since taking my last exam on July 7th. Is it possible to get this all down in 3 weeks? Are there any tips or alternate resources that could make it more doable? I’m using Becker at the moment and not so used to the lack of calculations with more focus on concepts as compared with FAR and REG.

Thanks and good luck everyone! 😀

FAR 5/1 - 83
    REG 7/7 - 79
    AUD 11/20 - 85
    BEC 8/27 - ALMOST THERE!!

3 for 3! Study high, get high grades!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    univegabw

I'm in the same boat! I have AUD on Aug 29th, but mine is a retake. I'm going to just crush through Ninja MCQs and do some simulations every night and pray. Hope it works.

A- 53, 55
    B- Passed!
    F- Not Yet Taken
    R- 1/17/2015

UM1868

Scroll to the bottom of this page and see the link “How to Pass in 20 days”.

I have 4 weeks, but I am doing Ninja Notes, Wiley MCQ, Wiley Testbank.

Tons of MCQ, rewrite Ninja Notes. Review what I missed eventually. Where I had problems, hit that section some more. I have been studying 4 days and have 70% in WTB for all but 2 parts, which are around 60%. I think this is decent for just starting (took a few audit classes recently).

Bec-76 (7/14)
    Aud-81 (8/14)
    Reg-82 (7/15)
    Far- 82 (10/15)

Moral of the story, don't do your CPA while working in Big 4 Public Accounting.

jobach_lsu

I finished all of the Becker chapers/lecture/homework and review in 4 weeks studying 3-4 hours a day max, so I think it can be done in 3 with a little more time each day. I found audit to be mostly just memorization.

AUD 4/4/2014 - 97
    FAR 5/29/2014 - 97
    REG 7/10/2014 - 90
    BEC 8/1/2014 - 89

Anonymous
    Inactive

I passed AUD in 14 days, beginning to end. It isn't nearly as much material as FAR or REG (probably about a third of the material as either of those two).

With AUD, you could be fine with most of the material as long as you get it conceptually at a very high level.

All great to hear! I think I'm gonna go through all the lectures and highlight, review each chapter and do the MC, and spend whatever extra time doing a full review. Another thing I kicked myself for was not realizing to use the authoritative literature during the sims, which gave me a ton of trouble on REG. Would you all say it's a useful tool for AUD?

FAR 5/1 - 83
    REG 7/7 - 79
    AUD 11/20 - 85
    BEC 8/27 - ALMOST THERE!!

3 for 3! Study high, get high grades!!

thechapman

I took the audit exam after having studied three weeks. Not sure if I passed yet, but it was enough to get through all of the lectures/homework/simulations one time, and then another 6 days or so to redo the homework and review. I'm not commenting on whether it's the best strategy, but it was at least enough time to get through everything adequately.

Passed - 2014

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.