30 FAR MCQs scored 63% and 30% fo SIM,. I am going to fail FAR, don't' I?

• Creator
    Topic
    kukuna2008
    Participant

I took two set of 20 Ninja MCQs yesterday and I scored 80% yesterday, I felt pretty prepared. However, I did another 30 MCQs, seeing many questions never saw before, got 63%. On top of that, my highest SIMs scored 50%. I have two weeks left, if I keep score like this, I will fail, don’t I? Eh~~ so mad at myself!!!!

FAR - 83, 04/2015
    AUD - 73, 86, 08/2015
    REG - 75
    BEC - 71, rematch in 04/2016

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Mjganier
    Participant

Don't get discouraged. Keep working questions. It's better to get them wrong now than when you take the exam. Learn from those you get wrong and make sure and understand why you got them wrong. The more questions you see, the better off you will be come exam day. When I took FAR, I was doing 150 to 200 MCQs per day at the stage you're at now. Do tons and tons of MCQ until you get sick of them and then do some more. You can do it!

FAR 8/18/2014--87
    AUD 10/18/2014--78
    REG 11/24/2014--76
    BEC 2/28/2015--76

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"-Albert Einstein

Study Mats: Cpaexcel study text and EQ, Ninja MCQ, Ninja notes

kukuna2008
    Participant

Mjganier, Thank you so much for the encourage! I ‘ll keep going, otherwise I would regret if I gave up now.

FAR - 83, 04/2015
    AUD - 73, 86, 08/2015
    REG - 75

Kimboroni

You can do a ton of learning in 2 weeks. Don't get discouraged. It is so easy to, with FAR especially, since there is so much material.

Something you might consider which worked well for me: when going through MCQs, if I got to something I didn't know, I looked it up right then rather than floundering and guessing. That way I was always reinforcing the material and the correct answers.

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I second Kimboroni's method. For studying, if I don't know the answer, I would click on the “ebook” button in Becker and look up the answer. I would do this on both Chapter MCQ and Progress tests. If you feel that you're looking up a certain topic a lot (NFP, Government, cash flow classification etc.) It may be time to start jotting down notes, watching a youtube lecture or creating flash cards or charts to help you memorize

For me at least, I retain the information a lot easier using this method than if I were just to randomly guess on an answer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A great way to learn material is to get questions wrong. Trying questions and getting them wrong creates some of the best learning opportunities.

kukuna2008
    Participant

Hi Guys, thank you for all your replies. Now, I feel like I am on a roller coaster. I actually adopt a very similar strategy, I stop writing notes, I force myself to memorize the material. However, due to my bad memory, I forget things faster and easier, so I have to do it again and again. I do find learning from the mistakes is the way to go.

Thanks Folks!

FAR - 83, 04/2015
    AUD - 73, 86, 08/2015
    REG - 75

haseltonk

I was scoring in the high 50's on Ninja MCQ's, and high 60's-low 70's on becker mcq's and luckily passed FAR with an 80. I was really down on myself and stress level was through the roof but I just kept grinding away studying up to the minute I walked into the prometric. There are no shortcuts for tons of studying though. Good luck.

kukuna2008
    Participant

wow, Haselonk, obviously, that is not a coincidence only. I am wondering how many MCQ did you completed before the test?

FAR - 83, 04/2015
    AUD - 73, 86, 08/2015
    REG - 75

jmhassell21

The only way you will learn the material is practice, practice, practice. I'm learning with Reg (and my boss has reinforced) is that i'm too hard on myself. Not a new revelation, but something for me to remember.

Don't focus on “passing the test”. Focus on learning the material. Do problems over and over. It's how i'm getting my confidence up with my Reg questions (Apr 4th!).

REG (4/2015)
    AUD (5/2015)
    FAR
    BEC

"And I am reminded, it is not the billows, but the calm level of the sea, by which the heights and depths are measured." James A Garfield

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.