38 Days till REG retake exam – In critical need of a critique/advice/suggestions

• Creator
    Topic
    regulatoor
    Participant

Hello everyone,

A month ago I took my first attempt at REG and scored a 71. I used mostly Becker and a little bit of the Ninja audio and notes to supplement my studies. During the exam I felt like Becker largely did not prepare me for many of the questions that were actually asked on the exam. I left the exam feeling extremely frustrated..

Fast forward to today, I am not supplementing my studies with reviewing the Ninja notes more often, Ninja MCQs, Becker MCQs, and the Ninja audio. I have been trying to do more MCQs on Ninja MCQ instead of Becker, but now I feel like I am stuck in a rut in terms of retaining information and getting higher scores in Ninja MCQ. I’ve spent a good 40 hours just doing MCQs on Becker and Ninja, which does not include re-reading sections and taking notes, but I keep getting stuck at the 50% – 60% correct range for Ninja. I know Jeff says that candidates should aim for 80% – 85% in trending scores before taking the test, but at my pace I feel like 85% is becoming an impossibility.

On top of re-reading certain sections, I am copying and pasting the questions I get wrong in a Google Doc for me to review, and I am typing up my own notes for chapters I am having trouble with. With FAR, there was a point in my studies where I was feeling confident after every practice MCQ testlet since I was improving, but I’m not getting this with REG. There is just sooo much information in REG and the Ninja MCQs destroys my confidence with every super detailed question that is asked. Every time I try to retain information in a trouble section, I lose information from a prior section it seems…

Below is a link to a screenshot of my Ninja MCQ dashboard for you to get a better idea of my progress.

View post on imgur.com

Thanks for taking a look!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.