4 points away collectively – help!

• Creator
    Topic
    lab122

I received a 74 on FAR and a 72 (for the second straight time) on Audit. My first test expires 10/31. I have FAR on 7/29 and Audit on 8/29. What are some things I may be missing that could get me those last couple points? I truly want to be done with these exams more than anything. Besides setting more time away for the sims (which I need to improve on and plan to have that goal in my mind taking the exams) and doing a crap ton of MCs, what else is there? Are there any sections or concepts or strategies I should be focusing on?

REG: 55,60,76 Passed
    BEC: 71,73,77 Passed
    AUD: 59,67,72,72, 90!!! Passed
    FAR: 45,52,74,70,79 Passed!!!

I'm done!!!!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    golfball7773
    Participant

I think for a general post – you need to start thinking that you need 75 points for ONE exam instead of just 4 points overall.

I have failed 7 times and I am finally learning that I need 75 points and not just 3 points, etc…..

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 86
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 71, 73

BEC - 74, 86

REG - 77*

FAR - 57

*expired

(I have been trying to become a CPA since 2013). only one test down.......

FAR: 63, 55, 62
    REG: 65, 77*
    AUD: Fail, 64, 71
    BEC: 72, 74, 81

*expired

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, you need 75 points, not 4 points. Every exam is so different, so you need to study everything (not just your weak points) to get that 4 points.

Anonymous
    Inactive

As a failing veteran, I can't agree with golfball and Cal more.

Every single exam is a new starting point. Each exam is different. You needed 4 more points for the exams you took, the topics you were tested on, and the way those topics were presented. Your next exam will not be like the first, so thinking something along the lines of “I'm so close” is not productive. In fact, it's counter productive. Because you're focusing on your “weak” areas with that mentality, you're letting your “strong” areas get weaker. Study everything. I cannot emphasize that enough.

What helped me on my nemesis REG was to write the questions and answers out. On paper. For every single question in the test bank that I missed. I would write down why the right answer is right, and why the other answers were wrong. Sometimes this took a significant amount of time, but it worked. I thought it was an extremely helpful way to learn concepts instead of just memorizing. Learning like that helped me on the SIMs, too. That strategy should help with AUD, at least. Not sure what to tell you with FAR – I've blocked out the painful memory of that exam.

Tncincy
    Participant

@can't pass again…I needed that explanation because your method is what I have been doing. But I am beginning to feel like I should be further along. My scores are still lingering at 50%. Maybe I'm not doing enough questions or something but I really need to be ready come test time. I have 14 days before test time. Others have posted that they were reviewing with two weeks left. I am not even close. Oh…studying reg.

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader.....time to pass

It begins with a 75
    Been here too long as a cheerleader....ready to pass

Anonymous
    Inactive

For my one and only sucessful try with REG, I reviewed for only 2.5 days prior to the exam because it does take forever to get through them. I think the key to it is to not just copy down explanations from your book or test bank. You need to write clearly, and in your own words… like you are explaining it to a not-so-bright friend.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.