4 Tests in 1 Window

• Creator
    Topic
    justkeepswimming23
    Participant

Is this a smart idea? I am scheduled to take 3 exams (FAR BEC AUD) in Q2 but just failed REG with a 74. Is it possible to slightly brush up on REG for a few hours every few days and then insert the exam somewhere in Q2 along with the others?

FAR: 78
    REG: 74, 75
    AUD:
    BEC:

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Biff-1955-Tannen
    Participant

Anything is possible. I personally would not be able to pass 4 in one quarter

AUD - 93
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 83
    REG - 84
    Nobody calls me chicken

AUD 93 Jan 16
    BEC 83 Feb 16
    FAR 83 Apr 16
    REG 84 May 16

99% Ninja MCQ only

happygal
    Participant

@ justkeepsswimming, I don't know if I could do it, but my friend took all 4 in 8 weeks and passed the first time, he wasn't working, not saying that you should or should not do it, but if your just asking if it is possible, then I know someone who did. 🙂

sorry, I don't mean to hijack your post but I just failed AUD, Biff-1955-Tannen can you please give me some tips/ schedule on how you study in general, i need some motivation to get back up again,

Jdn9201
    Participant

4 exams in 1 window is nuts, even if you aren't working. Also too, I'd caution against comparing yourself to other people. Other people have strengths you don't and vise versa. Not only that, but some people who have work experience in the field may be able to get through an exam related to their job sooner than someone fresh out of school, etc.

BEC - 88 8/29/15
    REG - 82 11/14/15
    AUD - 83 1/8/16
    FAR - 80 2/29/16

Biff-1955-Tannen
    Participant

happygal, what I did for AUD is I used Wiley and Ninja MCQ. I watched all of the wiley lectures and did the individual lecture's MCQ to gain the initial understanding of the concepts. After I'd gone though all of the lectures the only thing I did was Ninja MCQ nonstop until the exam. I wasn't doing the MCQ just to do the MCQ though. I would really understand why the answers were what they were. My first time through all of the MCQ I was probably only averaging 60%. As you repeat the questions, you will be able to pick up easier and more quickly what the question is asking/looking for. By exam time I was averaging probably 95-97%
    Everybody will be different, but for myself, repetition is the key to learning.

Also if I ever run into a concept or idea that I don't understand and going back to Wiley study text doesn't really help, I'll always find myself asking the forum to explain in layman's terms. More often than not somebody is able to explain it so I understand it.

AUD - 93
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 83
    REG - 84
    Nobody calls me chicken

AUD 93 Jan 16
    BEC 83 Feb 16
    FAR 83 Apr 16
    REG 84 May 16

99% Ninja MCQ only

happygal
    Participant

thank you Biff 🙂 , I have wileycpaexcel and ninja too, I will try that approach now, i think I didn't get it the first time around because I did not go through the questions enough, only went through half of ninja test bank and half of wiley test bank and did not work on sims much either.

Missy
    Participant

It can be done but its not usually recommended. Most people who have had to retake a section will agree that you should study like its your first time and not treat it as brushing up. I hope you're an exception to that trend and knock all 4 out in Q2.

Old timer,  A71'er since 2010.

Finance manager/HR manager

Licensed Massachusetts Non Reporting CPA since 2012
    Finance/Admin/HR Manager

justkeepswimming23
    Participant

Thank you so much for your input all! I appreciate it

FAR: 78
    REG: 74, 75
    AUD:
    BEC:

Ag12thman
    Participant

You can probably do it, but you may not have time for swimming (or work of any type, really). 🙂

FAR: July 2016

Martin
    Participant

Is this a smart idea?

If you studied for more than 6 weeks for REG AND GOT A 74, it will be very difficult to study for the other 3 in 1 quarter and getting passing grades. But If you are one the chosen few who just studied REG for 3 weeks and then got a 74, then anything is possible for such individual.

Through God all things can happen!

“You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein
    When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people;as I grow older, I admire kind people.
    “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming.”

FAR= 72-84
    Audit= 73-82
    BEC= 74-75
    Reg=77

MaLoTu
    Participant

I studied FAR in 12 days, which got me a 70. So, theoretically you can do it if you took 20 days for FAR; 10 for BEC; 15 for REG; and 15 for AUD (or similar).

I will tell you that after getting through the Becker program for FAR I could barely think. I had 2 extra days to review and found that I could barely process anything. You will have to be extremely disciplined to do that schedule. However, it is possible and I think that condensing the amount of time actually helps some people (the right amount of condensing is subjective).

Almost always from my phone... please excuse my typos!

All 4 passed - 2016

CA CPA

Jive36
    Participant

Theoretically it can be done however you would likely increase your odds of passing more sections by waiting to retake REG and giving it a proper amount of study time. As Jeff often says you don't just need 1 more point you need 75. The other thing to consider is the amount of time you can dedicate to studying is limited and burnout is a real thing for most people.

AUD - 88
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 82
    REG - 88
    Go Bonas!

Go Bonas!!
    Aud 6/15 - 88
    BEC 7/15 - 83
    FAR 3/15 - 82
    REG 11/14 - 88

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.