4 Weeks Away From FAR

• Creator
    Topic
    mkramer324

Hello Everyone,

I am currently 4 weeks away from taking FAR and I have just completed the lectures and MCQs for all ten of the Becker chapters (still have to do most of the SIMS). I have taken a few 30 MCQ progress tests combining all 10 chapters. I am consistently scoring in the mid 50s. Obviously this is not what I had hoped for at this point.

I was wondering what I should do to improve over the next 4 weeks. I also have the wiley test bank and the 2013 ninja notes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Start working those MCQs. You should go through all of the ones available to you at least once, including the AICPA release questions. The lectures and book are a good base to begin your studies, but the MCQs and SIMS are where it is at. The WTB has a textbook link feature so you can click on that if you get stuck on a question and read their textbook exert specifically for the section/concept. Good luck.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Start working those MCQs. You should go through all of the ones available to you at least once, including the AICPA release questions. The lectures and book are a good base to begin your studies, but the MCQs and SIMS are where it is at. The WTB has a textbook link feature so you can click on that if you get stuck on a question and read their textbook exert specifically for the section/concept. Good luck.

mkramer324

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely work as many MCQs as possible!

mkramer324

Thank you for the advice! I will definitely work as many MCQs as possible!

SpartanCPA

I am in the same boat as you. I finished all 10 lectures in Becker, as well as the MCQs and Sims, leaving myself with 4 weeks to review. As of today, I am just under 3 weeks away from my exam date and what I have been doing is going through each lecture again and read, taking additional notes and also re-working the MCQs. After F1-F3, I take 3 30 MCQs progress tests and have been scoring between 80-90%. I just finished F4 last night and will be doing another round of 30 MCQs progress tests before moving on to F5. So far I have found this review method very helpful in retaining the knowledge. Hope this helps? Best of luck!

AUD - 01/18/14 - 81
    BEC - 05/29/14 - 85
    FAR - 07/18/14 - 81
    REG - 11/18/14 - 80

Becker CPA Review
    NINJA Audio
    Michigan State University

SpartanCPA

I am in the same boat as you. I finished all 10 lectures in Becker, as well as the MCQs and Sims, leaving myself with 4 weeks to review. As of today, I am just under 3 weeks away from my exam date and what I have been doing is going through each lecture again and read, taking additional notes and also re-working the MCQs. After F1-F3, I take 3 30 MCQs progress tests and have been scoring between 80-90%. I just finished F4 last night and will be doing another round of 30 MCQs progress tests before moving on to F5. So far I have found this review method very helpful in retaining the knowledge. Hope this helps? Best of luck!

AUD - 01/18/14 - 81
    BEC - 05/29/14 - 85
    FAR - 07/18/14 - 81
    REG - 11/18/14 - 80

Becker CPA Review
    NINJA Audio

rosey720

hey everyone– taking FAR on 4/14…

question: is governmental accounting REALLY going to be a big topic? I kind of feel like I am wasting precious time… has anyone heard anything about heavier tested areas? Please help!

rosey720

hey everyone– taking FAR on 4/14…

question: is governmental accounting REALLY going to be a big topic? I kind of feel like I am wasting precious time… has anyone heard anything about heavier tested areas? Please help!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Government and NFP are always listed as Need to knows from people that have taken the test already. Sorry. We're not happy about either.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Government and NFP are always listed as Need to knows from people that have taken the test already. Sorry. We're not happy about either.

SpartanCPA

Definitely know governmental and not for profit. Review materials cover them for a reason! You are looking at 16-24 points that you could be missing out if you don't study them.

AUD - 01/18/14 - 81
    BEC - 05/29/14 - 85
    FAR - 07/18/14 - 81
    REG - 11/18/14 - 80

Becker CPA Review
    NINJA Audio

SpartanCPA

Definitely know governmental and not for profit. Review materials cover them for a reason! You are looking at 16-24 points that you could be missing out if you don't study them.

AUD - 01/18/14 - 81
    BEC - 05/29/14 - 85
    FAR - 07/18/14 - 81
    REG - 11/18/14 - 80

Becker CPA Review
    NINJA Audio

Ajaz0810
    Participant

I took and failed FAR with a 62. On my report it said on the MCQs I was stronger and comparable in everything but govt and NFP. I was weaker on sims of course. I thought I covered it well I guess I didn't. I got confused on the Govt JEs and the different statements. Moral of the story is if you wanna pass you really need to know governmental and NFP well. It isn't hard it is mostly memorization and time consuming to study. You can do it and so will I 😉

FAR 62, 66, 78
    AUD 66, 55, 74, 72
    BEC 79
    REG

Ajaz0810
    Participant

I took and failed FAR with a 62. On my report it said on the MCQs I was stronger and comparable in everything but govt and NFP. I was weaker on sims of course. I thought I covered it well I guess I didn't. I got confused on the Govt JEs and the different statements. Moral of the story is if you wanna pass you really need to know governmental and NFP well. It isn't hard it is mostly memorization and time consuming to study. You can do it and so will I 😉

FAR 62, 66, 78
    AUD 66, 55, 74, 72
    BEC 79
    REG

Amay

Even though I got stronger on govt. this last time I got weaker on NFP. So yeah, I will definitely admit I underestimated that section a bit.

BEC: 73, 81
    AUD: 85
    FAR: 71, 77
    REG: 74, 75...finally DONE! 😀

*This is my 2nd attempt at the CPA exam. For all of you who have failed this exam many times, given up on it, or taken a break like me, remember that it is still possible to finish what you started...failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently 🙂

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.