5 weeks till FAR, beginning MCQs today (following NINJA framework)

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

NINJA Question –

Hi guys,

A quick studying question. I am using Becker, following the NINJA framework, and supplementing with Ninja notes/audio/MCQ. I have finished all the lectures, and did all my intense notes.

Today was my first day doing MCQs, and I have exactly 5 weeks till test day. My question is should I be running through the MCQs in order, ie, all the Becker F1 hw, then F2, etc? It seems like I’ll forget all the earlier MCQs by the time the test rolls around. I guess this is what the review period is for, but should I jump around at all in the hw instead of going through each ch in order?

On that note, how long should I leave for a final review/how long should I take to go through all the Becker MCQ hw, knowing I still have Ninja MCQ and Becker final reviews to go through? Is three weeks for Becker hw and then two weeks for final review a good plan?

Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    EYNewHire

Excellent username by the way. Your parents must be so disappointed you didn't get into architecture.

I don't know anything about the Ninja framework. I used Becker. I would do F1 and then do the MCQs. There is an option to do a mini review of current and previous MCQs if you want to stay with it. You can pick any previous lecture or a combination and how many questions you want to do.

Anonymous
    Inactive

They're a little disappointed, but my true ambition is to start a importing/exporting company! lol

Thank you, I will look into those

MrCPA511
    Participant

5 weeks is crunch time for you. At this point, you need to go through all the MCQs of every chapter from start to finish WITHOUT using your book. Only make notes after you realize what you've done wrong. This should take you about 2 weeks maybe longer. Then you need to zero in on the areas that you are weak in and MCQ the crap out of those areas and supplement it with the specific SIMS for those areas. Don't forget to take into account the 2 practice exams. I suggest taking the first one 2 weeks before the exam, and the 2nd one 1 week before the exam. Don't waste time redoing MCQs on areas you are already strong in. Good luck!

FAR - 86 7/2014
    AUD - 95 10/2014
    REG - 87 1/22/15
    BEC - 84 7/2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Mr. CPA. I finished up F1 tonight, so I'm on a pretty good MCQ pace. I kicked ass (about 90% on the first time) on the Income Statement portion, not so much on the few questions on disclosure, SEC requirements, Segment reporting, and the other few misc sections in F1 (except first time IFRS adoption). But over half the questions (prob closer to 75%) were I/S questions, so that's clearly the focus.

Do you think I should bother working through ALL the sims for each section, or just MCQs and one or two sims, and then more when I figure out my weaknesses?

EYNewHire

Do all of the SIMs. It reenforces concepts and makes you think in a slightly different way. If you are pressed for time focus more on the MCQs but always try to do them all.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just worked through the F1 sims and did pretty well (7 “sections”, some perfect, some missing one or two, some two or three). Went through it very fast, about 30 minutes (not rushing, just quick), which is nice. The projected times are 1-2 hours. So I'll definitely run through all the sims. Too bad I can't get an actual “grade” on the sims except for the two practice exams from Becker.

MrCPA511
    Participant

With your time frame, you may not have enough time to go through all the sims. You may want to focus on 1 or 2 sims per topic but pick the ones that are the most difficult. I agree with EYNewHire, the sims sometimes ask you questions that you don't see in the MCQs so it is a good way to diversify yourself on how a question can be asked. Also, the consensus is that the sims on the actual exam are much more difficult than the ones you see on Becker so you will want to be as comfortable as you can with Becker sims so you are not overly surprised when you take the actual exam.

FAR - 86 7/2014
    AUD - 95 10/2014
    REG - 87 1/22/15
    BEC - 84 7/2015

Anonymous
    Inactive

Gotcha. I've heard that as well, about them being much harder on the real thing (contrary to the MCQs).

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.