6 credit auditing in CO CPA licensure

• Creator
    Topic
    gytdyt

I want to get CPA license in CO w/o experience. However, CO has 6 credit of auditing class requirement. I have a 3 credit general auditing class, 3 credit of internal auditing class, and 3 credit of IT security and auditing class. Do I satisfy the 6 credit auditing requirement in CO?

Another question is that I have 150 credits and 40 credits in acct. But I don’t obtain a master degree. Can I still apply CO CPA w/o experience?

Thank you !!!!

BEC -- 78 11/27/13
    REG -- 2/26
    FAR -- 81 1/17/14
    AUD --

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    mla1169
    Participant

I would think those classes would satisfy the auditing requirement but your bear bet is to call the board and check.

You need either the experience or a masters. 150 credits without a masters will mean you need to satisfy the experience requirement.

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

mla1169
    Participant

I would think those classes would satisfy the auditing requirement but your bear bet is to call the board and check.

You need either the experience or a masters. 150 credits without a masters will mean you need to satisfy the experience requirement.

FAR- 77
    AUD -49, 71, 84
    REG -56,75!
    BEC -75

Massachusetts CPA (non reporting) since 3/12.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi gytdyt,

I believe that prior to June of 2015, you can have 45 credits in accounting without the master in lieu of experience. I had the board do a pre-evaluation on my transcripts just to make sure I had the credits I needed. I think it cost $50. I also think your auditing classes will fill the requirement.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi gytdyt,

I believe that prior to June of 2015, you can have 45 credits in accounting without the master in lieu of experience. I had the board do a pre-evaluation on my transcripts just to make sure I had the credits I needed. I think it cost $50. I also think your auditing classes will fill the requirement.

stoleway
    Participant

OP, go through the pre-approval process, its the only way to know your deficiencies.

Prior to July 2015, you will need 150 hrs including 36hrs in accounting, 6hrs in US auditing and 36 hrs in business .

You don't need a masters degree to fulfill this requirement.

REG -63│ 84!!
    BEC- 59│70│ 71 │78!
    AUD- 75!
    FAR- 87!

Mass-CPA

stoleway
    Participant

OP, go through the pre-approval process, its the only way to know your deficiencies.

Prior to July 2015, you will need 150 hrs including 36hrs in accounting, 6hrs in US auditing and 36 hrs in business .

You don't need a masters degree to fulfill this requirement.

REG -63│ 84!!
    BEC- 59│70│ 71 │78!
    AUD- 75!
    FAR- 87!

Mass-CPA

gytdyt

Thank you all. I will do the pre-approval. Thank you guys again!!!

BEC -- 78 11/27/13
    REG -- 2/26
    FAR -- 81 1/17/14
    AUD --

gytdyt

Thank you all. I will do the pre-approval. Thank you guys again!!!

BEC -- 78 11/27/13
    REG -- 2/26
    FAR -- 81 1/17/14
    AUD --

raggi

Hi Guys, I am in the same boat….I recently passed my CPA exams (registered under CO state with 120 credit hours).. Since I am a foreign candidate, I am not sure if my education (B.Com, CA inter and Diploma in Business administration from SCDL) would equal to 150 credit hours so I can apply for licensing. I know for sure I need to take additional classes for Auditing with US GAAS. I have few questions.

1) How do I go about doing the pre-approval process?

2) Which evaluation agency charges $50 for course by course evaluation?

3) Which regionally accredited college provides auditing with US GAAS? What would be the cost?

Thanks a lot for your help….!!!

raggi

Hi Guys, I am in the same boat….I recently passed my CPA exams (registered under CO state with 120 credit hours).. Since I am a foreign candidate, I am not sure if my education (B.Com, CA inter and Diploma in Business administration from SCDL) would equal to 150 credit hours so I can apply for licensing. I know for sure I need to take additional classes for Auditing with US GAAS. I have few questions.

1) How do I go about doing the pre-approval process?

2) Which evaluation agency charges $50 for course by course evaluation?

3) Which regionally accredited college provides auditing with US GAAS? What would be the cost?

Thanks a lot for your help….!!!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.