6 weeks enough to retake FAR?

• Creator
    Topic
    after30cpa
    Participant

I scored 38 on my last exam and I’d like to retake it in November, need to know if this is enough time. Or, should I keep studying and take the next duel in January instead? Please advice. Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Gatorbates
    Participant

I was just about to say “Yes”. But then I saw your score. Not dissing in anyway … all constructive: A 38 in my opinion means you aren't grasping much of the material. You may want to re-visit your study methods. If your first fail was in the high 60's-low 70's then yes, 6 weeks should be enough time to restudy … since you should have already spent months studying it the first time. The second time should be more of a heavy review instead of starting from scratch.

Licensed Florida CPA:
    B: 71, 73, 79
    A: 83
    R: 78 (expired), 77
    F: 74, 74, 80

It's finally freaking over.

Rocky123

It depends. Do you have a lot of free time to study? For me at least, I haven't looked at this material in years. It probably takes me longer than a lot of others. Plus I work full time.

Everyone's situation is different. All I know is I wouldn't take the exam unless I felt confidant I could pass. Is there a rush?

The tallest oak in the forest was once just a little nut that held its ground.

AUD-PASS
    BEC-PASS
    REG-PASS
    FAR-PASS

Rocky123, CPA

rzrbkfaith

I was wondering the same thing… except this is my first time out to take it.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 97
    REG - 91
    FAR - 1/8/16

Determined CPA
    Participant

rzrbkfaith – I started this Monday studying for FAR and my test is 11/22…hoping that's enough!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Paperwork sent - waiting for license!!
    Still on a cloud and in shock. Through God, all things will happen.

rzrbkfaith

I won't start until next weekend, since I am taking REG 10/10. I took an extra week for BEC and its thrown my whole schedule off. But I have some big volunteer commitments the week of Nov 17-23 and won't have time to study then, so I'm thinking the 14th may have to be it. I worry about saving the biggest for last and giving it the shortest amount of time.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 97
    REG - 91
    FAR - 1/8/16

Determined CPA
    Participant

rzrbkfaith don't worry about saving FAR for last – if you have to retake one, you DON'T want it to be FAR!

A - 75
    B - 78 God is good.
    F - 77 Answered prayers.
    R - 84! Done!!

Paperwork sent - waiting for license!!
    Still on a cloud and in shock. Through God, all things will happen.

Rocky123

@Determined

You got that right! FAR is a real life nightmare. Just in time for Halloween no less.

The tallest oak in the forest was once just a little nut that held its ground.

AUD-PASS
    BEC-PASS
    REG-PASS
    FAR-PASS

Rocky123, CPA

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.