7 Attempts and still am not a CPA !!! what can i do :(

• Creator
    Topic
    zi007ad
    Participant

Well, as stated i attempted with the CPA exam 7 Attempts now what shall i do !!! am in deep need of help …

everything was going okay till i faced the REG exam !!! i failed it 8 times (58,60,70,71,74,74,74,74) and it was my last section and lost credit for 3 times ! four 74s in a row !! i tried Becker, Wiley, Ninja notes !! am at the edge of going crazy ! now am obligated to pass both REG and BEC by Feb 28 with a full time job .. i hope someone could help me with some tips because really its getting harder every single time ! knowing am an international candidate 🙁 thank u 🙂

*COLORADO*
    REG: 58,41,74,74,74,74,77
    BEC: 67,76*,79
    FAR: 62,68,60,75
    AUD: 76*,64,66,81
    * Expired

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    zi007ad
    Participant

I traveled to the US for the exam 7 times with total of 16 examination sessions !

*COLORADO*
    * Expired

zi007ad
    Participant

I traveled to the US for the exam 7 times with total of 16 examination sessions !

*COLORADO*
    * Expired

Gatorbates
    Participant

Four 74's in a row: absolutely brutal. I feel for you. Keep your chin up and keep plugging away. When you finish, it'll all be worth it.

On a side note, I find it interesting that from my research, there are a hell of a lot more 74's than 75's given on exams.

Licensed Florida CPA:
    B: 71, 73, 79
    A: 83
    R: 78 (expired), 77
    F: 74, 74, 80

It's finally freaking over.

Gatorbates
    Participant

Four 74's in a row: absolutely brutal. I feel for you. Keep your chin up and keep plugging away. When you finish, it'll all be worth it.

On a side note, I find it interesting that from my research, there are a hell of a lot more 74's than 75's given on exams.

Licensed Florida CPA:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow im currently studying for far which I assume is the hardest, I was actually debating whether to take far or reg first, since ny masters was in tax and was still relatively fresh in my memory but I opted to take the hardest instead. Maybe I made a mistake lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow im currently studying for far which I assume is the hardest, I was actually debating whether to take far or reg first, since ny masters was in tax and was still relatively fresh in my memory but I opted to take the hardest instead. Maybe I made a mistake lol

Jennifer241

What does your score report say you are weak in, simulations or MCQ's. Blaw, or taxation?

What have been your study habits for REG? lectures?, your own notes?, typed or handwritten?, flashcards?, how many MCQ's are you doing?

And finally, what type of learner are you? audio, visual, or kinesthetic?

@cpa066729 – can't compare what is hard for someone else might not be hard for you, my roadblock is BEC; it just depends on your own weak area's in accounting.

AUD - Jan 9,13 Pass
    REG - Aug 30,13 Pass
    BEC - Oct 26,13 Pass
    FAR - Dec 4,13 Pass

Licensed CPA in the state of Oregon

Jennifer241

What does your score report say you are weak in, simulations or MCQ's. Blaw, or taxation?

What have been your study habits for REG? lectures?, your own notes?, typed or handwritten?, flashcards?, how many MCQ's are you doing?

And finally, what type of learner are you? audio, visual, or kinesthetic?

@cpa066729 – can't compare what is hard for someone else might not be hard for you, my roadblock is BEC; it just depends on your own weak area's in accounting.

AUD - Jan 9,13 Pass
    REG - Aug 30,13 Pass
    BEC - Oct 26,13 Pass
    FAR - Dec 4,13 Pass

Licensed CPA in the state of Oregon

carpeCPA

@ zi007ad – have you isolated your weak areas (especially the ones common over all the tests)?

REG - 93 (Jul'13)
    FAR - 97 (Dec '13)
    AUD - 99 (May '14)
    BEC - Jul '14

Becker Self Study/Ninja Notes/Ninja Audio/Ninja MCQ/Wiley Test Bank/Wiley Book

carpeCPA

@ zi007ad – have you isolated your weak areas (especially the ones common over all the tests)?

REG - 93 (Jul'13)
    FAR - 97 (Dec '13)
    AUD - 99 (May '14)
    BEC - Jul '14

Becker Self Study/Ninja Notes/Ninja Audio/Ninja MCQ/Wiley Test Bank/Wiley Book

Gatorbates
    Participant

And just to cheer you up a bit … not knocking anyone else, rather praising their persistence … there are a few people on here that have taken over 20 parts of the exam …. and finally passed.

It is doable 🙂

Licensed Florida CPA:

Gatorbates
    Participant

And just to cheer you up a bit … not knocking anyone else, rather praising their persistence … there are a few people on here that have taken over 20 parts of the exam …. and finally passed.

It is doable 🙂

Licensed Florida CPA:

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can pass this,even being an international student! Keep positive there.

My tips: Look at how you study the best. Create a plan based on that. When I failed the last part I failed. I got mad, and created a plan and followed it through. I actually broke out the hours needed to get it done (time to read, questions and video's). I can quickly memorize the correct answer, and not actually learn the explanation, so I try to not take most questions more than 3 times prior to the final review. I also learn a lot from reading and the videos and taking notes. So, I created a plan involving more time than many spend, but it was better than taking the exam one more time. I gave my plan to my husband, family and co workers. Then they know how long I needed to study to get this passed me. No bugging me for time I don't have, and encouragement to get my studying finished!

My plan; I wanted to start from scratch. I use Roger. I read his book, took notes, watched the video, took notes and focused on what I did not understand as well from the reading. Then I read the Wiley book, do the questions from the back of the sections. Then the questions from the test bank. A long process, but I have felt like I actually did everything I could to understand the concepts and pass the exam. I will never feel completely ready to answer every question, but I can be as ready as possible with no regrets! This worked for me with BEC, and going to test in Oct for FAR. I am feeling more comfortable with the concepts than ever before.

In the forum, there are others that line up their plans.Jeff has a plan also. But you know yourself and how you study the best. develop the plan to your strengths. If you do the best by highlighting things, then stock up on highlighters.

You can do this!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can pass this,even being an international student! Keep positive there.

My tips: Look at how you study the best. Create a plan based on that. When I failed the last part I failed. I got mad, and created a plan and followed it through. I actually broke out the hours needed to get it done (time to read, questions and video's). I can quickly memorize the correct answer, and not actually learn the explanation, so I try to not take most questions more than 3 times prior to the final review. I also learn a lot from reading and the videos and taking notes. So, I created a plan involving more time than many spend, but it was better than taking the exam one more time. I gave my plan to my husband, family and co workers. Then they know how long I needed to study to get this passed me. No bugging me for time I don't have, and encouragement to get my studying finished!

My plan; I wanted to start from scratch. I use Roger. I read his book, took notes, watched the video, took notes and focused on what I did not understand as well from the reading. Then I read the Wiley book, do the questions from the back of the sections. Then the questions from the test bank. A long process, but I have felt like I actually did everything I could to understand the concepts and pass the exam. I will never feel completely ready to answer every question, but I can be as ready as possible with no regrets! This worked for me with BEC, and going to test in Oct for FAR. I am feeling more comfortable with the concepts than ever before.

In the forum, there are others that line up their plans.Jeff has a plan also. But you know yourself and how you study the best. develop the plan to your strengths. If you do the best by highlighting things, then stock up on highlighters.

You can do this!!

calicpa
    Participant

Geeze 4 74's in a row…. that is crazy.

BEC - 84, 4/6/13
    AUD - 77, 5/28/13
    REG - 83, 4/12/14
    FAR - 83, 10/3/13

Ethics - 90% 4/24/13

150 unit education requirement met!
    Work experience met!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.