70 in AUD first time

• Creator
    Topic
    vergil1206
    Participant

just got score back got a 70…

studied with becker and just got roger because I didn’t like becker’s teaching style

had around 2 weeks to prepare right after graduation

can anyone share some ideas on how much more time I need for a second preparation if I take it again in July…

I am aware of the clarified SAS changes as well…

any input would be helpful and congratulations to all who passed in this window 🙂

SUMMER 2013 Let's do this

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    SammyJ

Don't fret it too much. I failed Auditing my first time around with a 69. I studied a full month for that one and I didnt have work, school or a family obligation. I dont know how much you prepared for it, but hopefully you were studying for it whilst in school too because 2 weeks for the AUD exam is not enough. I used Becker when I failed and afterwards I bought Ninja notes and wiley test bank for Auditing from this website. My next score was a 84. I can't guarantee you that all of that 15 point increase is attributed to the purchase of the extra material, but it sure helped and it definitely helped me with certain areas where I struggled.

The strange thing about the 69 I got was that I left the testing room feeling like I nailed it. But I didnt. What I guess is that maybe perhaps I sped through it too fast. I had like 1 hr and 45 mins left after the multiple choice part.. Instead of going back and checking my asnwers, I just moved on. I finished the exam with like 40-50 mins left overall.

The second time around I finished with 10 minutes left. I really took my time on it. And I got a 84.

Good luck! And stay strong!

FAR-81!!
    AUD-69, Retake: 84!!
    REG-86!!
    BEC-81!!
    Education- Done
    Ethics- August 2013
    Experience- 7 Months of CPA Experience and counting!

vergil1206
    Participant

thanks for the comment

I studied all day everyday for the 2 weeks and managed to view the lectures and do the homework twice

i didnt have time to do the extra progress test

I purchased roger which comes with the wiley test bank and i am definitely considering buying the ninja notes as I read many good things about it on the forum

hope I get it next month 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm in the same boat! I had 3 weeks after school ended and was working full time when i was studying. I'll be studying through June to take it in July.

Good Luck! I hope we pass!

vergil1206
    Participant

3 weeks with work is very tough. Good luck to you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.