72 on FAR. Now What?

• Creator
    Topic
    FirstTimer09

Hello all!

I recently received my test scores back from my first ever CPA exam and it was disappointing to say the least. Started this week by getting back in the grid of things and booted up the test banks. Looks like ill begin this new round by going through Wiley multiple choices from the beginning. I am considering adding a supplement such as NINJA notes or NINJA MCQ but am unsure of the product.

How did you guys feel the 2nd time studying for FAR? How did you overcome to break down the 75 wall? I would love to hear everyone’s experiences!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Spartans92
    Participant

Hey FirstTimer. I am sorry to hear about your score but keep up with the work! We all can pass this test one day! Was wondering if you could share your experience for FAR? I am taking this next, just took audit today and don't think it went that well. Hoping for the best of course. 🙂

BEC - 76
    REG- 67, 85
    AUD-63, 74, 80!!
    FAR-65, 62, 57, 79

3 down 1 more to go. BEC is on the Line 🙁

BEC- PASS

jrb0048

More important than a test bank in my opinion is going through the book and lectures again. Use the questions as reinforcement to an understanding of the material instead of trying to memorize questions. When people fail once, I tell them the next time they take it, the book needs to almost be memorized.

Audit- 86 5/27/2015
    Regulation- 89 7/2/2015
    Bec- 83 7/23/2015
    Far- 80 8/31/2015
    Ethics-62, 90
    CMA-
    Part 1: Passed 12/10/2015
    Part 2: Passed 3/11/2016

CIA- Pass 1/29/16/// CRMA- Pass 2/9/16// CCSA- Pass 2/21/2016/// CFE- Pass 2/29/2016/// CFSA- Pass 3/15/2016

EuroAddict
    Participant

I got a 73 on my first go around. I took BEC (and passed) then redid FAR. I went through the book again. Albeit, I didn't re read each thing, more of a skim and took down more notes. Practiced more Q's. You got so close so you can obviously do it.

-----------------------------
    BEC - 77, 03/2015 (first try)
    FAR - 79, 05/2015 (second try)
    REG - 83, 12/2015 (first try)
    AUD - 84, 03/2015 (first try)

I got 99 problems but the CPA ain't one.

Hey FirstTimer09, I took FAR last summer and failed with a 72. I haven't taken it again, but hey…I've passed all the other sections. BEC 80, REG 90, and AUD 79

My FAR is at the end of Feb. Good luck to ya

FAR 72, 89
    BEC 80
    REG 90
    AUD 79

Anonymous
    Inactive

Start all over and do the same things you did to get the 72 ……….and then do a lot more this time around. I liked Wiley test bank at first but once I got into the Ninja MCQ, it got me to pass FAR, AUD and BEC. You can do it, just put the time in and hit thousands of questions in the test bank, take notes on your problem areas and leave no stone unturned. Failing is the worst but you have to get back up.

Zaid3155
    Participant

Hi

71 is a good grade do not freak out !! my frist exam was got 74! i was disappointed but think about the benefit you will get in future ! you did good since it is the your first exam. my second exam i passed it. all i did that i did the test bank for Becker from the begining and did the sims again and foucs in the exam then you will pass.

good luck

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are exactly like me. The first time I took FAR I received a 72 and the 2ns time I took FAR I got a 75! First of all, you should be really PROUD that you received a 72. It means you know what you are doing and know the material well enough to pass. You just need to refocus on 1 or 2 topics. Since you scored so well the first time, you already know what you're doing so there is no need for you to relearn everything as if it were for the 1st time. Just review everything you have already learned and the topics you don't feel confident in you need to relearn those areas as if it were for the first time. Your score report may be able to help you identify your weak areas as well. One big thing I did was write down every journal entry and practiced the heck out of them. I had about 6 notebook pages full of journal entries and practiced them at least twice a day that way I performed much better on the SIMS the 2nd time around and luckily passed.

Consider downloading the Ninja FAR audio as well, this helped me a ton.

Josh1216
    Participant

I was in the same position as you. My first test was FAR and I got a 69. Needless to say, I was crushed. Although I understood why I scored a 69. I had breezed through the Becker simulations and didn't approach them like I approached the MCQ's. You probably also have an area in which you know you are weaker in. Perhaps its governmental or bonds etc. Point being, the 2nd time around is ALOT easier to study for. I remember cruising through the book until I got to my weak points. I was able to go through the entire Becker book in about 1/3 of the time as it took me the 1st try. Just remember, the test WILL BE EASIER the 2nd time around. You can do it!

FAR- 69, 81
    REG- 78
    BEC- 78
    AUD- 82

golfball7773
    Participant

I think the biggest key to remember is that you don't need 3 points, you need 75. Treat your retake the same way and focus on sharpening areas that you know you are weak in.

If your state sends out the info on if you are weaker stronger, etc – don't give that in any weight. Those are completely worthless.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 86
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    AUD - 71, 73

BEC - 74, 86

REG - 77*

FAR - 57

*expired

(I have been trying to become a CPA since 2013). only one test down.......

FAR: 63, 55, 62
    REG: 65, 77*
    AUD: Fail, 64, 71
    BEC: 72, 74, 81

*expired

MrHopeful215
    Participant

Think carefully about whether you know governement and non profit accounting 100%. I went back and reviewed government endlessly and it helped me increase my score a lot. Also the cash flows direct and indirect method.

Like everyone else mentioned, I watched all of my Yaeger review videos again and redid every question and problem as if I studied over. You have about 1-3 months before you take it again, you can easily go back and review and catch the things you didnt know as well as you did.

AUD - 82
    REG - 78
    BEC - 78
    FAR - 76

FirstTimer09

What a great response from everyone in the community. I've noticed that there is very few times I am the only one in a certain situation. I think im going to supplement the book with some ninja notes. It's been tough going through the whole book and remembering what I just read.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.