74 on BEC

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

got a 74 on BEC, going to retake early october, but am considering requesting a rescore since it would be my last exam and the fact that written composition being graded by human????

I understand the unlikelyhood of a score change, but I am terrified of failing BEC again and loosing credit for FAR, i figure this gives me just one more avenue where i might pass this exam.

if i do request the rescore, i will continue studying, and take the exam in early october anyway…

what are your thoughts???? worth it, or not??

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    zoctoman

From all I've heard no one has ever gotten their score changed. So I say not worth it. Best to free your mind from it and focus on moving forward.

Audit(11/5/13) - 89
    Reg(5/16/14) - 86
    FAR(7/18/14) - 82
    BEC(11/14) - 85

thechapman

I read in some quote fairly recently that there's really “no such thing as a rescore”.

Edit: It was on here. https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-curved-myths-debunked-my-interview-with-the-aicpa/

Go to #3

Passed - 2014

Anonymous
    Inactive

AICPA: There is no such thing as a rescore or a regrade. The service available is “score review,” an automated score verification process. It involves making certain that the approved answer key was used in scoring and that it was correctly applied. In 2008, score review requests did not result in any score changes.

That was back in 2009 when there was no written communication, i do not expect to get a mcq changed, but i was considering the possibillity of maybe getting 1 more point off WC.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The verification for the multiple choice questions and the task-based simulations involves making certain that the approved answer key was used and that it was applied correctly; the verification for the written communication tasks involves making certain that each of the submitted responses was scored.

Does that mean, that all they will look at concerning MCQ is the fact of “were they scored”?????

Kimboroni

If you were on the bubble, then a human already graded your WC. Best to accept it and focus on passing next time rather than throwing money, time, and effort at something that won't make a difference. Make sure to restudy everything rather than just your weak areas, or the strong areas could become your weak areas on the next one.

AUD 84 (1/9/14-Wiley books/TB + free materials)
    FAR 83 (5/21/14-the above + NINJA 10 Pt Combo Lite)
    REG 84 (7/9/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC/Notes)
    BEC 76 (10/5/14-Wiley books/TB + NINJA Audio/FC)

Disclaimer: My ninja avatar is not meant to imply that I have any affiliation with this site other than being a forum member. That's a pic of a T-shirt that my daughter gave me for my birthday. 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.