74 on FAR. How long for restudy?

• Creator
    Topic
    frasersm1

I made a 74 on FAR. Wondering how long I should take to study before the retake, and if I should just hit the MQ’s or try to study notes. Also, does Ninja have SIMS? If not, how should you try to practice SIMS if I’ve been through all of Wiley’s.

Used CPAexcel and Wiley test bank to study.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    jeff
    Keymaster

I break down how to do a re-take here: https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-survival-guide/

NINJA has a lot of sims: https://www.another71.com/products-page/ninja-mcq

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    frasersm1

Thanks Jeff! I'm trying the link for the survival guide, and it's not working. Keeps just bringing me back to Ninja home page. I've tried on two different browsers, and allowed pop ups

frasersm1

Nevermind I see that it was e-mailed to me. Lol my brain is still fried from all of the studying

jakeeee

I'm in the same boat. I'll most likely be purchasing the Ninja MCQ and working more SIMS. Basically I'll be doing questions and SIMS til I'm blue. Study everything all over again. And focus on areas where I felt weaker during the test. Good luck!

Jeez. A 74 is brutal, especially when it could've been your last one. 3 years and 14 tests later, I hope I can pass in Q1. Or else I'm quitting my job after busy season.

BEC - July 2014
    REG - Aug 2014
    FAR - January 2015
    AUD - May 2014
    Ethics - 3x...

Anonymous
    Inactive

74 here in NY as well…Ninja time but a short restest for me…maybe 4 weeks

salring
    Participant

Another 74 here ready to hit the ground hard!!! I will get Ninja sims to boost my score.

TNCPA16
    Participant

I made a 72 (sad face)…my plan is to ditch Becker and focus on notes, questions, and SIMs. I bought the 10 point combo, but wasn't diligent with it. I forgot there was a 3 month window on the questions, so those expired before I really got a chance to utilize them. I plan to redo my notes (I never really made the Ninja notes my own), and then hit it hard with questions and SIMs. SIMs killed me on the exam. I'm not going to get another NTS until I feel like I'm in a pretty good place with studying.

…and the saga continues…

frasersm1

Good luck to you all! Have any of you used the Ninja Audio and the Ninja Notes. Probably only investing in one, but not sure which is worth the time. Looking at a possible re take in the middle of Jan. and starting my studying tomorrow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

also got a 74 on FAR and ive been studying for REG since i got my score back on Nov. 24 and not sure if i should continue with REG (im halfway through becker material) or drop REG and restudy for FAR

Michael
    Participant

adding to this post so i don't create a new one. I just woke up to a score of 73 and while it was a huge improvement over my last score its still a fail. Now i am trying to figure out if i should take the retake mid jan (to get in the first window) or Feb 13th (for the second) I dont want to rush it and fail again, but at the same time i dont want to much time to pass and start forgetting things. I have becker and glilem that expire in january so i will def be picking up Ninja MCQ people seem to really like them on here. any advice is helpful thanks!

REG - 63,74,70,81!!!
    FAR - 44,73, 81!!!!
    AUD - 51,81!
    BEC - 73,77!!

3 years later and I'm officially done. Never give up no matter what!

TNCPA16
    Participant

@frasersm1 – personally, I liked the notes better than the audio, but I am a very visual learner.

frasersm1

@jillybeans Thank you, I think that's what I'm going to go with as well. I'm more visual as well and feel like if all I am doing is trying to listen it may be easier for my mind to wander

So I just took FAR and passed and I had some advice that I hope helps someone in the future. Around the 4th day before the test I realized everything had left my mind and that Becker couldn't help me any more. Everything looked Foreign. I found some good videos and explanations that I think pushed me over the edge.

ALSO, I know a lot of people focus hard on SIMS, but I'd say for each test I spent an hour tops on them. I felt that if I spent that time on MCQ or rereading the material that would be more time efficient than going through long SIMS to POSSIBLY see a similar one on exam day. I listened to NINJA audio every morning on the way to work until it was second nature. Then I did MCQ til I dropped.

I hope this helps, and remember…KEEP GOING!!!!

https://www.another71.com/cpa-exam-forum/topic/confusion-on-oci-within-f6-pensions

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.