August 26, 2011 at 12:41 pm #161436
Hey guys.. looks like this thing is really going to happen. Anyone famililar with the rescheduling protocal due to inclimate weather? I passed 3 parts and have my last exam on Sunday and my parts start to expire in Sept.
I called NASBA and they said that they have seen the testing centers accomodate candidates up to 2 weeks into a nontesting month. Can anyone confirm? looks like the powers that be are fine with this.
txAugust 26, 2011 at 12:51 pm #293989
I read on another thread someone mentioning that Nasba extended the window due to snow this year. I do remember that happening, I just don’t remember how much time was added. Best of luck on your last exam!!! I hope this is it for you.August 26, 2011 at 1:08 pm #293990
Hurricane Irene is affecting such a large portion of the country…just wanted to say be safe to those of you in the line of fire. Hope you and your families fare well.August 26, 2011 at 1:58 pm #293991
My test is right after the storm ends. But if the city is destroyed and there’s a power outage, who knows if my Prometric center will be open?!!August 26, 2011 at 4:03 pm #293992
i also have my exam from 5-9.30 on saturday evening in NYC , called the center and they said that it might be a good idea to call and see if they are open.but the hurricane will only strike after evening !! that means on my ride back after the exam !! yikes !!August 26, 2011 at 4:08 pm #293993
Canson I’d keep a close eye on it, I heard they are evacuating large portions of the city, the testing center may not have the final say in this.
I’m pretty close to Boston so it should have “weakened” by the time we meet her Sunday morning. Still, not looking forward to my basement if we lose electricity and the pump cant pump!August 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm #293994
@mla1169- hmm yeah makes sense …. it might be really sad incase i make it to the center and take the exam and then cant make it back home !! yikes !!August 26, 2011 at 7:31 pm #293995
They cancelled my exam at prometric NYCAugust 26, 2011 at 7:52 pm #293996
for those of you testing in the five boroughs of NY tomorrow (Sat), you might want to call your testing center. I believe they are all closed tomorrow.
I’m taking it Monday..I hope the testing center is closed and i can move my exam to Sept! I need more time to study hahaAugust 26, 2011 at 7:58 pm #293997
I’m sorry to hear that canson. That sucks! I suspect they’ll extend the testing window for you though. Stay safe!August 26, 2011 at 8:08 pm #293998August 26, 2011 at 8:41 pm #293999
Oh my.August 26, 2011 at 8:53 pm #294000
i hope they extend this window , i dont want to take AUD in oct now , after putting in so much time and that will mean i completely wasted this window without taking any exam here !!……i was planning to take FAR next window….i dont think i can handle both FAR and AUD next window …. any thoughts ? :SAugust 26, 2011 at 11:41 pm #294001
Did anyone whose exam was going to be this weekend have any luck with rescheduling it? I spent the whole day today on hold with prometric without anyone answering. I need to take it ASAP before the school starts.August 27, 2011 at 12:12 am #294002
taking it in newyork(brooklyn) on aug 31st. would really hate to rschedule it as I just want to get it over with alreadyAugust 27, 2011 at 1:23 am #294003
bkkguru – You will most likely be fine since that is several days after the storm.
Mine exam is on Monday. I wouldn’t mind if they cancel me as long as I can reschedule in September as some have suggested might be possible. Just when we thought this exam couldn’t get any worse…August 27, 2011 at 2:10 am #294004
I was scheduled to take REG Sunday in NYC. Obviously, this is not happening. My BEC credit expires 9/30. Below is the response I received from NASBA:
“You will be able to reschedule your REG examination before the end of August if possible. However, if not, Prometric will arrange to open an emergency window in the month of September if necessary. Hopefully, it will not be necessary.”
I hope to relieve some stress for others that I went through today!August 27, 2011 at 2:15 am #294005
Also, I could not get through at all to Prometric to reschedule, either. Was on hold for over 20 minutes more than three times. Looks like we get to sit it out until Monday.August 27, 2011 at 2:16 am #294006
thanks for your post!!! I was supposed to test tomorrow afternoon and my center is closed for the weekend, I definitely don’t want to wait until the next window!!!August 27, 2011 at 2:17 am #294007
I called prometric earlier in the day (around 4pm EST) and the message said customer care was closed due to inclement weather. Anyone know where their offices are? Have they been evacuated too?August 27, 2011 at 2:25 am #294008
Errrr, I’m testing in 0019. It’s closed over the weekend. Let’s hope this hurricane doesn’t hit NY and that the Prometric Center will be open on the 30th. I’ve already ordered my Yaeger BEC materials as I was hoping to take the test on Tuesday and immediately begin studying for BEC. Hurricanes are supposedly very rare in NY, yet one has to occur during my exam time. How wonderful!August 27, 2011 at 4:40 am #294009
I’m taking REG in nyc on Aug 31st, last day of the testing window. The hurricane should long be over by then but I’m still worried about the lasting effects lingering into test day. Who would I contact in order to ask questions regarding this? Prometric or NASBA directly? Anyone have a number?August 27, 2011 at 4:42 am #294010
The hurricane will be over by the 30th and 31st for sure, but if there are blackouts, we’re still screwed. So, that’s why I’m worried.August 27, 2011 at 8:52 am #294011
I’ve lived in Houston during two direct hit hurricanes and multiple tropical storms and have some advice for those of you whose test dates are affected by Irene. I know you are frustrated and upset by the delay or potential delay of your exam and your inability to get information from Prometric and NASBA, but you need to be realistic about the situation. I don’t know where the Prometric offices are that are fielding questions about the exam, but they have to consider the safety of their employees if they are located in the path of the hurricane. I know that it’s not supposed to hit New York until Saturday, but evacuation orders/recommendations are typically given as far in advance as possible because it’s a logistical nightmare to evacuate a heavily populated area. Even if you could get through, though, they wouldn’t be able to give you reliable information about when testing will resume because they won’t know how badly the testing centers are affected until after the hurricane hits. It depends on where flooding occurs, how long it takes for water to recede, and how widespread power outages are. Typically, the utility companies will begin working around the clock as soon as possible after the storm to restore services, but it doesn’t happen overnight. It would be nice if NASBA had made some announcement letting you know that the testing dates would be extended into September if necessary. However, you have to make the assumption that they will because there are too many people affected by this for them to just ignore it. Right now, you just have to try to be patient and continue studying as much as you can given any power outages. The most important thing, though, is for you and your families to stay safe. Good luck to all of you.August 27, 2011 at 11:16 am #294012
@kb – perfectly said!! Good luck to all of you and stay safe!August 27, 2011 at 1:39 pm #294013
-Called prometric yest (call center in Baltimore) and held for an hour in afternoon until i got a mssg saying prometric was closed (abt 3pm). Called my testing center…closed through monday.
– Called NASBA yest.. spoke with Cutomer Care.. said prometric possibly to test into Sept for those affected..
-Automated call from prometric an hour ago saying same thing… closed through Mon… also said prometric would work with me to reschedule an approriate time basically agreeing with what NASBA said.
…back to the books…August 27, 2011 at 3:06 pm #294014
I am so confused. A friend of mine is testing Monday at the same testing center I am supposed to test at today. He received an email from prometric saying that the testing center in Portsmouth NH where we both are testing is closed today through Monday. However I did not get this email. I am paranoid now and this is messing with my morning prep for my 5 PM test. I called the center and it is just an answering service but nothing about closings mentioned.August 27, 2011 at 3:13 pm #294015
Ignore me! He misread the email. Now to cram till 5!August 28, 2011 at 1:35 am #294016
did anyone taking a test monday in NY get it pushed offAugust 28, 2011 at 1:40 am #294017
It’s raining it’s pouring the old man is snoring…
Sorry, can’t get that song out of my head. I was singing it to my niece today as we watched the rain come down.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.