AUD exam experience sharing 8/25/12

• Creator
    Topic
    xuwenful

So there I went, on the 25th, the prometic center at Brooklyn. I was right on time lol….and then realized it would not begin until after my photo was taken and all security precautions were carried out. So that went for another hour. I hated it cuz I was like ready to rock the hell out of it. By 1:30pm, I was allowed to go into the “dark” room and the test started. Unlike from what I have read in the forum that most people said testlet 1 is a cake walk, 2 a bit harder, and 3 the hardest, I personally think 1 and 2 are about the same difficulty which is medium, and 3 the easiest. I got pretty scared right after my realization of the difficulties assigned to the test cuz that could mean I did pretty bad on the first two testlets. Anyway, there was nothing I can do, but to score a full mark on the 3rd testlet(95% chance, cuz there was only one question that I have doubt about).

Moving forward, I came to the simulations. That was a real killer. I purposely devoted a lot of time in MC cuz from my experience with Becker simulations, they have been pretty short. As a result of that, I had about 75 minutes left in total for the 7 simulations. My technique is pretty straight forward: skipped the first a few simulations and headed right into research questions cuz they are usually easier than the others and yet give you a lot of points. There were two of them. One easy, one hard. For some reason, I did not see the hard one at the beginning, thinking there was only one research. I found out the hard research question when there were 15 minutes left and I still had two other questions in progress…I thought to myself, “Jesus christ, seems like this could be the signal for failure.” Then I rushed through the questions in progress, stuck right at the last research question for about 5 minutes or so, and just could not find the answer. At the end, I picked up something close but knew that’s not the right answer.

Overall the test was okay, not too difficult and not too easy. There were some instances that memorization can help you grab a few more points. But understanding and rationalization are definitely playing a much bigger part of the test. I hope this could give you some insight into how you may want to structure your test taking techniques. Any experience or comments are welcome, especially those who took it around the same time.

AUD 74,71 Rematch in Apr
    FAR 76
    BEC
    REG 82

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.