Help!!! Took AUD four times, the average score is 71.5

• Creator
    Topic
    david
    Participant

Passed other three once, and took AUD four time, 73, 70, 71, 72.
    Any suggestions for me, thank you

jajajajajajajaja
Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    allusuc
    Participant

Do every McQ in your test bank. Keep doing it until your eyes bleed. Also when u select an answer, the other 3 that are incorrect, be sure u know why theyā€™re incorrect. So Itā€™s important to read every answer before selecting your choice.

WEEE2CPAYE
    Participant

do each sub-topic in your service provider, one by one by one and RE-WRITE the information in your own words. Regardless if you get the right or wrong answer, re-write. Start by resetting your progress and doing new questions only until you see all of them.

what you will have is a ton of notes in your own words and some of them will be the same theory/information. You then study them.

FAR: pass

AUD: pass (1 re-take, thanks govt shut-down!)

BEC: pass

REG: pass

FutureCPA
    Participant

Solid advice @weee2CPAYE

AUD - 73,
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Giving up is not an option.

The question is not whether I will be a CPA or not, the question is when will I become a CPA.

I need to pass before busy season.

jenpen
    Participant

It took me 5 times to finally get past audit. It was the bane of my existence for a long time.

I finally found success when I switched my study methods to something that worked better for me. Hit the test banks for MCQs over and over…and over. Wrote explanations on wrong answers. Once I got out of Ninja's assessment phase, I would work on beefing up my weak areas by reading the textbook on those topics and then hitting questions for it.

Good luck!

AUD - 85
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 82
    REG - 78
    Ethics - 95
    Licensed in IL & MO

AUD - 56 - 68 - 61 - 9/8/16
    REG - 75
    FAR - 7/15/16
    BEC - TBD

Wiley CPAexcel and NINJA 10 Point Combo

Recked
    Participant

Massive amounts of MCQs, and focus on smart test taking methods.
    AUD is harder because it is subjective, so make sure you rule out 2 answers right off the bat, then you need to use your best judgement to pick between the 2 remaining answers.
    What did your score report show? How many MCQs were you doing before each exam?
    Did you have known weak areas that you avoided because you knew you were weak and didn't like them?

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

chandler
    Participant

AUD is tougher than people realize. A lot of times questions appear exceedingly similar save one minor detail that changes the answer. It's the most subjective of the exams since it's generally judgement-based. Like Recked said, with multiple choice I was generally able to rule out two as very unlikely. If you haven't been in a time crunch, I would suggest that you really take your time and read the questions and answers more than once. I walked out of AUD in 90 minutes, and I definitely could have benefited from taking more time.

Chandler Priest

Licensed TX CPA

REG 01/27/18 - 98

BEC 03/03/18 - 96

AUD 04/07/18 - 91

FAR 06/02/18 -96

asdf
    Participant

wow, great advises for me as well, thank you all!

FAR - Passed

REG - Passed

AUD - Passed

BEC - July 2020 - PASSSSED!!!!!

-----------------------------------------

PETH - Oct 2020 - PassedĀ  šŸ˜‰

Yshan
    Participant

Changing to the other study material will definitely help you to pass.

Madhav
    Participant

Try GLIEM. Passed in 5th try after doing virtually every question that existed on Rogers and Ninja. It gave me different perspective on Audit than how I perceived.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 76
    REG - 77
    FINISHED. Ā  Ā "If I can do it, so can you".- ME.

LEO MESSI:GOAT

Ethics: WA: 93, AICPA: 93

AGI
    Participant

There's no point studying and doing MCQ if you do not understand why you did wrong. In AUD, other than the dead solid information questions, most of the questions will ask you “What will you do if it is case ABCD”. I would recommend writing out a list of equations, if you see case A and the variables are EFG, you know the action should be X. They always ask the same topic and same cases (maybe 20 of them in total). Just crack down the answers.

NY - CPA

New York - NYC
    Passed CPA Exam (11/2014)
    In search for a position in NYC that will fulfills the license requirement.

Biff Tannen
    Participant

The most important thing about the audit section is knowing the concepts at a high level (for example: whatā€™s the difference between a SSARS engagement and an audit engagement, what kind of language does the PCAOB report contain, how is the AICPA audit report structured, whatā€™s the different between quarterly reviews and a full blown audit, etc.). The MCQs are 99% conceptual – literally zero calculations. The simulations are a different story though. Lots of calculations. Make sure to practice the sims on the AICPA sample test. Those are very comparable to the actual exam

AUD - 78
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 85
    ā€œAn investment in knowledge pays the best dividendsā€ - Benjamin Franklin
    Vyhunter
    Participant

Hey what review material are u using to study with?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.