AUD Study Group - Page 3

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    StudyStudyStudy
    Participant

subsequent events question – on November 20, 2012, an incident occurred that led to ongoing litigation with a former employee. Management accrued a loss of 45k. A legal counsel inquiry dated February 5, 2013 supports managements assessment that a loss of 45k was probable. On February 10, 2013 the litigation was settled for 20k. Date of auditors report is February 12. Is this considered a contingency gain 40k vs 25k and therefore we don’t make an adjustment to the accrued loss? I only see examples of settling for a larger loss and in those cases you would adjust the FS and disclosures.

B - 68,73, 84

A - 70, Mid January

R - 78 (lost credit), TBD

F - 64,68,65,73,77

msu1234
    Participant

I think you would do the same as if it were settled for more.
    Go back and reverse the entry for the “over accrued” amount.
    That would make sense to me, you might want to wait for other answers, I could be wrong.
    I will say that I didn't see anything that I considered backwards or unusual on the test. In my experience the test seems to stick with the ‘usual suspect', which in this case would be the larger loss.

JasonSoCal
    Participant

5th time's a charm? AUD is my last exam to pass and my REG falls off on Feb 4. I take AUD on January 17th and I am a bit behind on my studying. I scored above average on SIMS last time so I am focusing on learning the material. Doing Roger CPA AUD Cram Course. Wish me luck!

AUD - 70
    BEC - 75
    FAR - 75
    REG - 85
    Ready to be done...
    rkelle19
    Participant

I took my first exam, AUD today. The MCQs weren’t too difficult, feel like I did really well on those. However the simulations were way worse than anything becker prepared me for. Did a lot of guessing and feel like I failed. Anyone else have a hard time with the sims? Should I expect to retake it or is this a normal feeling after taking a CPA exam?

msu1234
    Participant

Rkelle19
    I took the test on the third, and I know I messed up on one simulation. I guess I can just pray that one was a pretest.
    But yes, I think the simulations are harder because they require more judgement AND they bring in a lot of stuff from FAR. I actually felt like one of my Simulations had very little to do with audit, and would have fit right into the FAR exam.
    The questions were all rule based and the simulations all judgement based- and it was that way both times I took it.
    I do, however feel like my Roger prep gave me a good base for how the simulations looked.
    And one of them was almost exactly like one I did on the AICPA sample test.

shakil127
    Participant

@Pat952 Did you use this technique when you fail the Audit exam with a 72?

AUD - 81
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 78
    REG - 78
    Need to pass REG and AUD

BEC-77
    AUD-66,72,82
    REG-66,64(Q3 2015),80 (11/30/2015)

pat952
    Participant

@Shakil127 no I did not. I messed around with different ways to study for AUD and FAR, and failed both of them. Those were my first 2 exams. After that I switched to this method, and passed my next three. It has yet to let me down!

Becker

AUD - 72
    FAR - 65/86
    REG - 80
    BEC - 93

ashley.meehan.512
    Participant

Me too! Good luck!<

ashley.meehan.512
    Participant

How to update my scores in my signature when I reply to posts?

ashley.meehan.512
    Participant

How to update my scores in my signature when I reply to posts?

Ella P
    Participant

Hey y'all! Taking AUD this Saturday (1/19/2019). Passed FAR and REG last Fall, so very glad to get those done. Although many people mention that AUD is deceivingly easy, so I am trying not to let me guard down and just study way more than I think I need to…

Also, to those who are asking the key to passing- I think Roger (who I use for studying) has it right when he says, “The CPA exam is NOT AN IQ TEST- it is a test of DISCIPLINE. If you study, you will pass!” So, just keep hitting those IPQ's over and over and practice what you got wrong!!!!

Good luck to all!

Uzumaki2018
    Participant

Hi Ella,

Congrats and passing your first two sections!! That's amazing!!!!!!!! I'm currently studying for audit and using roger cpa as well and I was wondering what your study process is like. I know you stated that you do IPQS over and over again. Is there anything else besides IPQ? Any note taking strategies, like whats your process like? I'm currently on the the responsibilities and ethics section and it just seems so overwhelming all the information and i'm not sure what to take notes on! Please help!!!

Thank you,

Ella P
    Participant

@uzumaki2018 I honestly just write down all the neumonics and then highlight things in the book as I listen to Roger- I realized after FAR and REG that I was spending wayyyyyyy too much time taking notes rather than just listening to Roger and pausing to make sure I understand what he is talking about before I move on. This has helped me see the “big picture” better and honestly not worry too much about all the information being presented. Because I would get very overwhelmed… Honestly, if I then go through the multiple choice at least once and study the questions I missed, I think that is definitely sufficient to pass all the CPA exams!!! I take AUD tomorrow and going to try to focus on the wording of the questions more than anything, and trust that I studied enough like the other two times. LOL.

theJackedCPA
    Participant

I took the exam on January 4th, felt very confident through the MCQs and first simulation, but the last two simulations totally wrecked me. Still waiting to get my score.

AUD - 90
    BEC - 93
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 96
    We are Firemen!!!
    Elich
    Participant

Hello,

I felt so happy when I found this forum, Its like I found my long lost CPA family. I am sitting for my first CPA exam – AUD on March 2nd, im studying hard using Roger buT I am not doing good on the MCQS. I understand the lectures properly but the way the MCQs are worded, I'm like did I even read that part. Uggghhh

HELP PLS

Elich

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13
Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.