AUD Study Group - Page 5

Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 213 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    James
    Participant

So I took AUD in Sept. 18′ and got a 73. I started studying FAR in Oct. thru now as I will take that soon and concurrently studying for AUD. I will take both exams pretty much back to back in that last week of March. I am just wondering because i keep pretty good track of every score of every quiz mpq/tbs and i have noticed for AUD my initial scores are way higher than the first time. Also I watched all the Roger videos for AUD compared to zero watched videos the first time around. I am wondering as I have seen before the inluence factor FAR subjects influence AUD, but just to make sure this is not a familiarity scenario going on here. What are your guys thoughts on the influence of FAR in the AUD exam process? I think it greatly influences the audit evidence, internal control assessment sections but does not relate so much to the audit report sections, engagement planning, or The Code sections…..

AUD - 73 (took 9/11), 87 (took 3/7/19)
    BEC - 82, (took 3/6/18)
    FAR - 82 (took 3/5/19)
    REG - 82, (took 7/5/18)
    Passed Two Exams in the same week (studied for 4 months straight).... you can pass them!
    Tony
    Participant

Hello All,

Just wanted to report back on the AUD exam that I took yesterday. MCQs were ok for the most part. I felt like it got a bit harder in the beginning of the 2nd Testlet (I have read that is a good sign?) but then by the midpoint, the MCQs went back to “normal”. The TBS were tricky. I had to make a lot of educated guesses in one of them (due to the timing) which I hope does not lower my score significantly. I feel confident with the other TBS though. In conclusion, I think my biggest problem was staying on track with the time. I should have probably decided faster (or made a quicker guess) with the MCQs in the 2nd Teslet as that's when I went off track. I'll report back on March 8th with the score.

On the other hand, I am glad to have 1 exam under my belt and get that much needed experience for preparation of the other 3 exams. Not sure which section I should study for next. I originally planned to do BEC, FAR, and REG. But now I am leaning towards FAR, REG, and BEC.

Any recommendations would be helpful!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 84
    REG - NINJA in Training
    CPA 2020
    Elich
    Participant

@tony Thank you for the info. I am taking mine on the 2nd of March. I am doing as much as many MCQ I can, but i am having a hard time with TBS questions. Did you get any calculations for the TBS? This is my first CPA exam and I don't remember much of financial accounting from my accounting classes.
    I am currently doing @Roger CRAM and doing as much questions as I can, Roger suggests taking 75 seconds per MCQ but I am afraid its taking me a lot more than that for most confusing questions. Is it a bad sign that i am already feeling like I am going to fail the exam? Or maybe the fear will make me use these last days to prepare more?

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    I can do all things through him who strengthens me - Philippians 4:13
    Tony
    Participant

@Elich I got one with ratios but the TBS provided the formulas so it's not something that you must remember. I think doing as many MCQs and TBS as you can will help. It was my first exam as well. I thought it was 1:25 for the MCQs and 18 mins per TBS.

I did not do the CRAM course. The more confusing questions you practice the more you are likely to get better at them before the exam, that's my opinion.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 84
    REG - NINJA in Training
    CPA 2020

Are there explanations for the AICPA practice questions? Specifically the sims?

AUD - 75
    BEC - 77
    FAR - 77
    REG - 76
    Licensed in VA
    jjjgolf500
    Participant

How should one study AICPA Code of Professional Conduct? Do all the Topics (ex. 1.200) need to be memorized? Or is it more of a needing to know which topic falls under which part type of thing?

Elich
    Participant

1. Can anyone please help on some memory aids for unmodified/unqualified, modified/qualified in relation to issuer/non-issuer or public/non-public. I understand it when I study using @roger but somehow seem to forget when I do MCQ and TBS.

2. I have been practicing the professional standards using the AICPA authoritative literature but seem to not get most of them right, Any advice?

Im going to take my exam on saturday and its giving me pain thinking maybe I didn't prepare enough 🙁

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    Elich
    Participant

@Jjjgolf500 I am also using Roger to study. I got the impression from his lectures that we only have to know the concept and the details under each topic. Like what it stands for and the Parts 0,I,II,and III ie, Introduction, Public, non-public and retired members. Thats my opinion but I didn't take the exam yet, I didn't see any related questions on that on the AICPA mock exam.

Hope someone who already took the test can add some advice on this!!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    kriscpa2018
    Participant

hey guys, I failed the audit portion again… BY ONE POINT. I have taken it three times. This next time will be my forth time. This is really discouraging. Has anyone else had to take AUD 4 times?

AUD – 51, 64, 74

kriscpa2018
    Participant

what is the best way to study AUD SIMS? I am doing well on MCQs but SIMS are getting me.

AUD – 51,64,74

irmaelena
    Participant

Just found out I passed Audit! It feels so damn good to only have one left.. So I've been using Becker for all my exams. The way I studied for Audit was by reading the book and after reading each section I would take the MC's. DID NOT LISTEN TO MODULES – I learned they are a waste of time for me. I took my own notes and highlighted what i thought was important. After reading the book i took my first mock exam. I scored around a 65, i wasn't too worried though because i knew i had forgotten material. I re-read/skimmed the book again, this time i practiced with the skills practice and some more multiple choice questions. One week before the exam i took mock exam 2 and the weekend before i took mock exam 3. I scored around 75 both times. They say the real exam is about 10-15 points higher which i find is pretty much true – that's what happened to me for AUD and FAR (I didn't have the best study routine for REG, but still passed 🙂 At the end of the day you need to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. This is what worked for me, everybody is different! I studied for about two months for Audit with full time job at a public accounting firm.

AUD – 94
    FAR – 69, 90
    REG – 78
    BEC – in progress

ndunsmore
    Participant

Hey guys! I just passed BEC with a 75 yesterday and am taking Audit a week from tomorrow. I have not yet started studying SIMS, I have just been nailing the MCQ's. Can anyone suggest the best way to go about preparing for the SIM's for audit? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 75
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 2/2019 - Passed - 2,000 MCQ's , 10 Simulations, Reviewed Written Portion Outline

AUD - 3/2019 - Awaiting Score (3/19) - 2,500 MCQ's - Very Few Simulations

REG - 4/2019

FAR 6/2019

Looking forward to putting this whole process behind me!

nicholasloprinzi25
    Participant

I’m am in almost the exact opposite boat from you. Congrats on passing BEC! I just passed AUD yesterday with a 75 & I’m taking BEC in about a week & a half. My advice for the SIMs would be to just practice them over & over again. I was doing about 3/4 a day along with around 150 MCQ’s & writing notes with about 2 weeks to go before my AUD test. Would you be able to give some advice on what you did towards the end of studying for BEC? Thanks!

AUD - 75
    BEC - 79
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 76
    Pushing through one step at a time!
    ndunsmore
    Participant

Congratulations to you too! For the last few weeks of BEC I just hammerred the MCQ's. I did not really practice any SIMS. I just watched a few of the skill master videos from Becker the day before the exam. Make sure you know the format for the writing portion though, that is what probably what gave me that 75. I would suggest practicing variances and cost accounting to get a good grip on how to handle these. I finished with no time on the clock so use your time wisely.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 75
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    BEC - 2/2019 - Passed - 2,000 MCQ's , 10 Simulations, Reviewed Written Portion Outline

AUD - 3/2019 - Awaiting Score (3/19) - 2,500 MCQ's - Very Few Simulations

REG - 4/2019

FAR 6/2019

Looking forward to putting this whole process behind me!

Sal
    Participant

@Ndunsmore

REFER TO THE AICPA BLUE PRINT! and look at whats in analysis. I would suggest to refer to your college text if you have it . Look at cash , A/R , Inventories, PPE, A/P etc. Familiarize your self with documents in each section just over view , So you don't freak out on test day. Study revenue expenditure cycles. Look at flow charts and see how everything is flowing. Try to predict from details what they can questions you on. Keep hammering MCQ'S in specific area ( Now focusing on weak side and analysis part according to blue print) . Do all TBs in your review course ,but don't try to memorize you will not see the same TBS again just try to grasp the concepts. if you have $ just purchase additional TBS gleim or any other review. These are some of my tips that have helped me so far. I thought I share not sure if it helps. Oh most of all read the questions thoroughly and don't Panic!
    Good Luck!

- SAL
Viewing 15 replies - 61 through 75 (of 213 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.