[Q3] AUD Study Group 2014 - Page 2

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,389 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    undeniabletwins2
    Participant

Hi everyone, what a Gwan…..means what's up? I did my FAR test yesterday. It was brutal but hoping for a miracle.

Anyway, no sense crying over spilled milk….started my studying for AUDIT this morning. Did audit x2 in 2012 but to no avail and decided to start from scratch and do it again in JULY 2014. Working towards the last week of July 25-31 for my rematch.

AUD - 58, 62, 56, OCT 2015
    BEC - August 22,2015
    FAR - TBD
    REG - TBD

BECKER LIVE CLASSES, BECKER TEXTBOOKS,FINAL REVIEW, FLASHCARDS/NINJA MCQS, NOTES AND AUDIO/WILEY FOCUS NOTES.

IF U TRY AND U DONT SUCEED, TRY AND TRY AGAIN...GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION.

MinSeokYi
    Participant

@undeniabletwins2

Take a break mate. Enjoy some Vitamin D and relax.

After a few days, attack it head on!

BEC: Passed
    REG: Passed
    FAR: Almost Past (lol)
    AUD: I thought I passed with flying colors, but I wasn't close!

undeniabletwins2
    Participant

@minSeokYi, thanks for the advise. I don't study full time… I have a full time job and 6 years old twins so I study when I get the time. An hour in the morning, and a hour in the night. Sometimes less depending on my work schedule so I have to start early so I have enough time to sit in July. I may have to resist FAR if I don't pass JUNE 9 When results comes out. It's not my first time sitting for Audit just refreshing my memory.

All the best in your exams. Happy studying!!!

AUD - 58, 62, 56, OCT 2015
    BEC - August 22,2015
    FAR - TBD
    REG - TBD

BECKER LIVE CLASSES, BECKER TEXTBOOKS,FINAL REVIEW, FLASHCARDS/NINJA MCQS, NOTES AND AUDIO/WILEY FOCUS NOTES.

IF U TRY AND U DONT SUCEED, TRY AND TRY AGAIN...GIVING UP IS NOT AN OPTION.

NYCaccountant
    Participant

@ Riceperson Are we in the same study group again lol? Hopefully the journey ends for the both us in July.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!
    AUD - 99!!!!!! CPA exam complete.

UHC2005

Hello All, just took FAR yesterday (and got my head handed to me I believe) and I'm looking at taking AUD in August.

Using Ninja MCQ, NINJA Notes, Audio, Flashcards and BLITZ, and 2014 Wiley Text

FAR - (61,63)
    AUD - (68)

Keep Calm and RTMFQ

Accountant, what is best in life? To crush your MCQs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their SIMS!

TNDCPA

@lvr21 Congratz on this being your last test! If you don't mind me asking, what is it about AUD that you find to be most difficult? I've spoken to many and they've indicated FAR as being the hardest, stating if you can pass FAR you can pass them all…But then again we all have our weaknesses…

What's everyone's study methods been? I took the first two exams with my University, and got credit towards my degree but now I'm on my own so hopefully I can still maintain that discipline. I currently listen to all lectures/take notes & read the text and do the MC after each topic. Our university incorporated mini exams grouping topics together on top of the MC questions to really drill in the information. So far I'd say its been quite effective.

Congratz to the rest in here on their last test and good luck to us all!

FAR - 89 02/27/14
    REG - 88 04/30/14
    AUD - 90 7/3/14
    BEC - 87 8/30/14 DONE!

iddyrashy

I am taking July 6, this is my first time.

AUD 89 (07/06/14)
    REG 83 (08/27/2015)
    FAR 78 (04/27/2015)
    BEC 75 (11/13/2015)

TEXAS 2016

cpain2015
    Participant

I am taking July 5. I hope that gives me enough time! Just took FAR today and I will probably have to take again in July.

AUD - 96
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 89

PASSED IN 2015 - ALL WITH NINJACPAREVIEW

FAR - 73, 75 PASSED
    AUD - 74, 96
    BEC - 79
    REG - 89! Done. I'm a CPA!!

TPA Jared

Hi all,

I'm through Audit section 2 with Becker and am feeling pretty confident so far. I ran into the following Sim while doing a cumulative review and was wondering if anybody could help out?

For each of the events listed below select a classification from the drop down menu.

The company closed the purchase of a competitor early in year 2, an event that is considered significant.

Classification: Non-recognized subsequent event (footnote disclosure)

Several material transactions Were not recorded in the financial records. These were uncovered during the audit.

Classification: Not a subsequent event

Becker just gives the classification answers with no explanation so any help would be appreciated.

Jared

NYCaccountant
    Participant

2 types of subsequent events – 1. circumstances that existed as of the balance sheet date

2. circumstances that existed after the balance sheet date.

The purchase of an auditor happened after the balance sheet date, so this requires disclosure.

The transactions existed at the balance sheet date, so this requires adjustment of the financials.

1. if after balance sheet date, requires disclosure if significant.

2. if happened before balance sheet date, financials must be adjusted.

AUD - 99
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    NYC born and raised.

FAR - 93
    REG - 87
    BEC - 84!!!!
    AUD - 99!!!!!! CPA exam complete.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am scheduled to take AUD on July 19th – just took FAR on 5/27 (very unsure about if I passed that one).. I have a bunch of materials at my disposal. Becker Video Lectures, Gleim Books, Wiley Testbank and the Ninja 10 Pt Combo Lite (audio, notes, flashcards, blitz).. Starting study tomorrow..

TPA Jared

Got it…thanks NYC. It was the “significant” part that threw me off.

Jared

drichter321
    Participant

My AUD exam is on July 5th no matter if I passed my BEC from May 30th. I will post study plan/dates for my 1 month intense study mode.

BEC: Need to pass, lost creedit.
    FAR: Need to pass. MY MOUNT EVEREST
    Reg: Need to pass, lost creedit.
    AUD:Ā  Need to pass, lost creedit.

BEC: 75 lost credit, could not pass far šŸ™
    AUD: 76 lost credit could not pass far šŸ™
    FAR: 74, FML. Next exam 06/14/23
    REG: 75 lost credit could not pass far šŸ™

staceyjae

Hello – I am planning on sitting for AUD in early July. Just found out I did not pass when sitting in May so instead of moving on, I'm going to go right back to audit since its still fresh. I was able to pass FAR in Aug last year and just took way too long to study the audit piece. Between my full time job, two kids in school, and all their activities, I'm finding it hard to find time to study. Yay for summer break though! I'm feeling motivated to work hard and pass the other 3 parts before I lose my FAR credit.

I'm using Becker to study. Any suggestions on study tactics?

Stac
    FAR - 80(Aug13)
    AUD - 66(May14)/ rematch in July
    REG - TBT
    BEC - TBT

zieba
    Participant

Stacy,

Yes. Incorporate Ninja audio into your Becker material. If you commute to work in your car, play Jeff's outlines non-stop everyday until exam date. It helps you to link the overall pieces together so that you can focus on the minutia of Becker.

Best however many dollars it costs spent on my CPA effort. If you take the train, play it in your earphones… again, nonstop until the point of exhaustion.

AUD - 75*, 88 done 5/14! (*exp)
    BEC - 74 , 77
    REG - 65 , 76 (10 point combooo!!)
    FAR - 69 , 75

Dr: perseverance
    Dr: intelligence
    Dr: luck
    . Cr: . advisory score

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 1,389 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.