3rd time was the charm

• Creator
    Topic
    rjdub28

After 2 fails with AUD, I finally passed! I couldn’t believe it when I saw my score was a 92, especially coming off of a 67 and 65 fail. Big shout out to @Jeff and the NINJA MCQ. I really think this is what pulled me through this time. Thanks Jeff and the A71 community 🙂 half way there now!!

A - 67, 64, 92!!
    R - 61, 75!
    B - 80!
    F - 68, 78!! DONE!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

@rjdub28 can you explain in more detail what you did differently the third time around?

rjdub28

@jfernandes256 sure! I think there is a few key things that helped me out.

1. This attempt at AUD was my 5th exam (AUD was also my 1st and 2nd exams). I think I picked up on a few topics a bit quicker since I'd been through the other 3 sections (FAR especially).

2. I focused on SIMS. I know this is my weakest area. I've never been a good test taker, and get overwhelmed when I see some of the SIMS, especially ones seem to come out of left field. I did probably 90-100 SIM questions this time around. Ones that I scored poorly on, I did again. I think this helped reinforce some of the key topics, and also gave me practice on using the AL for research.

3. USE THE AL DURING SIMS. I found a couple of my SIMS almost word-for-word in the AL.

4 (and probably most importantly). NINJA MCQ. The adaptive learning is great. It really highlights your weak areas and gives really good explanations for the answer choices. I found that with Becker, I had seen the questions so many times (after 3 times through), that I just memorized the answers, but not WHY it was the right answer. NINJA helped with that alot. I will definitely make the NINJA MCQ investment for my REG and FAR re-takes!

Hopefully that helps 🙂

A - 67, 64, 92!!
    R - 61, 75!
    B - 80!
    F - 68, 78!! DONE!

Wanna_B_TXCPA2014
    Participant

@rjdub28 thats AWESOME. Your story inspires me and gives me some hope for my 3rd attempt at FAR coming up 7/5/14. I too have gotten the SIM beatdown on my previous two exams. Like you I plan on drilling SIMS, until I read your post I did not have a goal for number of SIMS to complete, but now Im thinking it should be 90-100.

Again congrats on your pass and good luck on future exams!

zieba
    Participant

Anyone who is going into FAR without a solid grasp of journal entries is essentially jumping over a row of school buses on a scooter, no helmet. You know how it's going to end, but you hope for the best. FAR has a brutal way of fleshing out those who can speak J/E and those who can't.

I'm not implying you don't just saying it's the J/E's that deny most people a 75+.

AUD - 75*, 88 done 5/14! (*exp)
    BEC - 74 , 77
    REG - 65 , 76 (10 point combooo!!)
    FAR - 69 , 75

Dr: perseverance
    Dr: intelligence
    Dr: luck
    . Cr: . advisory score

Anonymous
    Inactive

journal entries are so crucial. almost more so than being able to add or subtract. well maybe not that much, but almost every question relates in some way to a je. The gov and non profit section is heavily tested on j/e's. id say the biggest part is when u get to the sims nearly every question besides research has them. for me far was third try the charm. i failed the second attempt by only four points and didnt study gov and not profit much and that hurt my score majorly.

rjdub28

@Wanna_B_TXCPA2014 thank you so much! I'm flattered 🙂 there are so many people on A71 that inspire me..I'm so happy I can do the same! Good luck on your FAR retake. Hopefully 3rd time is the charm for you too! 😉

A - 67, 64, 92!!
    R - 61, 75!
    B - 80!
    F - 68, 78!! DONE!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.