For those struggling with AUD, this is how I finally passed…

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It took me 4 attempts to pass AUD. What finally got me over the hump was Becker’s Final Review. Now this isn’t a knock on any Ninja material whatsoever because Ninja helped me pass the other 3 sections tremendously, it was just a little more difficult to study for with AUD (this is just me).

AUD attempt 1: Wiley book with Ninja Notes and Ninja MCQ – 72

AUD attempt 2: Becker self-study (tried this during busy season, big mistake) – 65

AUD attempt 3: Ninja Book, Ninja MCQ again, Ninja Notes, and Ninja Audio – 73

AUD attempt 4: Becker self-study again, Becker MCQ, Becker Final Review and Ninja Audio (to and from work) – 91

On my fourth study attempt I would review the Becker sections in the book and make notes on my weak areas and pass keys. I skimmed the chapters and did not read word for word. I would then complete all MCQ’s and simulations. After I made sure I scored 100% in all MCQ sections I reviewed the simulations again.

With 2 weeks left two study I felt I needed more of a push and that I wasn’t quite ready. By this time I already memorized all of the Ninja MCQ questions so I don’t think it would have been helpful to purchase again. So I decided to purchase Becker’s Final Review.

The Final Review is a condensed version of the Becker book, but more detailed than the Ninja Notes. The lectures are much shorter and more tolerable than the self-study lectures.

After the AUD Final Review everything clicked… just like that. I felt super confident going into the exam and knew a LOT of the MCQ questions that came up during the exam. Walking out I actually felt like I passed, but didn’t want to jinx anything. However, I did take it 4 times so that should have given me an extra push to begin with.

Again, please note this is not a knock at Ninja material, AUD was just the only section where Ninja couldn’t get me over the edge. I loved Ninja for all of the other sections.

I hope anyone struggling with AUD like I did finally finds the right method to study and pass. It was by far the hardest section for me.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Wannafree
    Participant

@DunkinDonutsJunkie Thank you for your details.It would help.

WannaB
    trisjung
    Participant

@DunkinDonutsJunkie : Thanks for sharing your story and information. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind me asking. How did you prepare for a research question? I mean What was your approach for a research question? Since you got 91 on your last test, I am assuming you'd got the research question right. Did you look for the exact word or phrase in the AL? Or did you just use a key word in the question to research and find an answer?

This will be my last Audit test before my REG expires. Yes, I failed Aud 5 times and I feel like a failure already. My last Aud score was 70 using Ninja study material, and now I am using Gleim for my next/last Aud test. I have never used Backer, but you said Becker’s Final Review saved you on Aud.
    Did it help you on simulations or multiple questions? My time is running out and I just want to try everything I can for my last try.

FARE : Passed
    REG : Passed
    BEC : Passed
    AUD : failed 5 times

Lou
    Participant

@Jung just my own two cents on the research question, I used a key word in the question to search for it. Or tried to think of 1-2 high level words that would characterize the question. After you think you find the answer, make sure you re-read the question to make sure you found what its actually asking you too.

AUD - 91
    BEC - 91
    FAR - 94
    REG - 87
    Done!

FAR- taken 8/11/16....now the wait begins
    AUD- scheduled 9/8/16
    BEC- scheduled 10/9/16
    REG-scheduled 12/10/16

Live a few years like most people won't, to live the rest of your life like most people can't.

Trele6
    Participant

I wish I could say I had the same results. My first time taking AUD I did Becker with the Final Review and made a 74….

I just retook AUD last week after redoing Becker and feel worse about this test than the first one.

I passed the other three sections on the first try with Becker and felt I was adequately prepared, however for AUD, I really feel like Becker is letting me down. If I failed my re-test I will buy something else to hope it will get me over the hump with AUD…

B - 80 Jun16
    A - 74 Aug16, 77 Oct16
    R - 87 Nov15
    F - 79 Apr16
    Ethics - 98 Nov16
    Licensed in New Mexico Dec16

First go at the CPA! Only using Becker
    Reg / Nov 2015 - 87
    Far / Apr 2016 - 79
    Bec / May 2016 - 80
    Aud / Aug 2016

Stilgoin
    Participant

Guys- studying the structure of the AL pushed me over. On the research question, and most of my other sims, I knew which part of the AL to go to, then searched within that section for the answers. It helped a lot. I struggled with AUD as well, but you will get there.

Stilgoin, CPA

There are enough critics. Be an encourager

B | 62, 78
    A | 73, 67, 79
    R | 82
    F | 59, 59, Waiting

Ethics | 93

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    ~Winston Churchill

“In a world full of critics, be an encourager."

trisjung
    Participant

@lblacker: Thanks for your advice and time. Any tips on Aud means a lot to me now. I really appreciate it.

@stilgoin
    : When you said study the structure of AL, did you mean read all the AU-C sections and more? Looks like I have lots of stuff to read then.

A1lessio
    Participant

Jung – You're so close! Just obsess over the material. Re-read and write out everything. Any section you slightly struggle with- write it out again. What really helped me after about 5 weeks of studying (lectures, high-lighting, questions, some sims) was that 2 week review where I just crammed and I was no longer mixing up categories. Once everything starts to fall into place and you fully understand the questions being asked the research sim will be the last of your worries. Make sure you use advanced search. Type in as many key words as you can find. During the exam I had 1 hr 50 mins for sims and I probably spent 10 mins on the research tab.

AUD - 86
    BEC - 70
    FAR - 78
    REG - 84
    People who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to obtain a goal are the happiest of men.

AUD (08/02/2016)

Stilgoin
    Participant

I’m not saying read all the authoritative literature. I am saying be familiar with it- like which section applies to what. Skim over the headings and be familiar with generally what is in the sections.

Stilgoin, CPA

There are enough critics. Be an encourager

B | 62, 78
    A | 73, 67, 79
    R | 82
    F | 59, 59, Waiting

Ethics | 93

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    ~Winston Churchill

“In a world full of critics, be an encourager."

Trele6
    Participant

A tip I would suggest is try to use the AL for all of your sim questions. I found I could search for numerous things on all the questions to confirm my answers were correct.

B - 80 Jun16
    A - 74 Aug16, 77 Oct16
    R - 87 Nov15
    F - 79 Apr16
    Ethics - 98 Nov16
    Licensed in New Mexico Dec16

First go at the CPA! Only using Becker
    Reg / Nov 2015 - 87
    Far / Apr 2016 - 79
    Bec / May 2016 - 80
    Aud / Aug 2016

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.