BEC – dry subject?

• Creator
    Topic
    KeepPushing
    Participant

I am using becker, and only on B2, but I am having a hard time getting excited, as much as you can for these tests I guess, and interested in the subject. Seems to me like it’s much less accounting and very much everything else. I will push through of course, but man am I the only one having a hard time getting into this material and feeling just bored by the content? I thought it would take my mind off of waiting for my REG score release but I am so bored I keep thinking of REG instead lol

FAR - 69, 84

AUD- 81

REG- 87

BEC- 88

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Painted_Jeans
    Participant

Oh jeez we're in the same boat. I'm waiting for the REG release too on Aug 21-22 and studying to retake BEC. I hate it, it makes me cry.. literally cry. I dont like Becker way of video lectures, so I think i'll just do all the MCQ banks i have access too and if i dont feel ready, move the test to new window and lose this attempt I guess 🙁 I have so much hope in Reg score, if I passed it it'll be such a great motivation boost! For you too! Looks like you'll have just BEC left if Reg goes away.

FAR - 80

AUD - 78

REG - 76

BEC - 56 (April 2019); CREDIT (September 2019)

ALL PAU PEEPS!!!!

GetThisCPA94
    Participant

I had the same thing happened to me. I did B1 and got to about the 4th or so Module in B2 and said seriously, 9 modules on the stuff from the back of the book in undergrad that we skipped over? Really easy conceptually but like you said, tedious and boring.

So I jumped to Chapter 3, and then 6, and then 5. Now I have 1, 5, and 6 down packed with a little over a month to study. The jumping around method helped me when I studied for AUD and REG too and breaking up the monotony of sequence studying helped me piece together the puzzle easier as well (which is vital come review time). I'm finding that jumping around topics also keeps me intrigued and motivated.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 81
    FAR - 81
    REG - 77
    This too shall pass...
    KeepPushing
    Participant

@painted_jeans I am so glad to hear someone else in my exact same position!!! I am praying for a pass for REG. I hope we both pass so we can only have one left! Like you said, I really don't wanna miss out on this testing window so I want to somehow keep going. Knowing that passing REG score would probably give me the kick I need to just suck it up and finish strong too. I sympathize with you even more since I see that this is your second attempt at BEC, the good thing is that you have seen the test once so hopefully pounding multiple choice will reinforce topics and get you that pass.

@GetTHisCPA94 thank you for that advice! I have heard of people doing that but I never considered it for myself as I haven't had a hard time concentrating until now. this 9 modules are too much! Since BEC doens't even build on each other,being all kinds of different topics, circling around to B2 might be the key for me too! Thanks to both of you!

FAR - 69, 84

AUD- 81

REG- 87

BEC- 88

Puppykoala
    Participant

Hate all the cost accounting crap so much in B3

Shoot for the stars!

FAR 88 04/19

REG 95 07/19

BEC 91 11/19

AUD 88 12/19

Painted_Jeans
    Participant

The cost crap is just SH*T!!!!! (excuse me lol)
    I failed the first time thinking I'll be ok taking it in April, being on the difficult client and barely coming out of the busy season. Even the partner told me to hold off but i wanted to get it done so much and deeply regret it. I did lots of mcqs for FAR and audit didnt seem very difficult, but BEC I knew deep inside that I should've held off and did more to prepare, nobody else to blame.

I'm gonna try to get thru all the ninja bank mcqs and as much as possible on Wiley and Becker, take notes and take the test on 9/9… If i do 49/day on ninja, I should get thru the test bank bu beg. of Sept. So i need to do more than that to have some kind of confidence.

This whole cpa exam experience has been brutal. I think about it aaaaall the time, my 11-year old knows all the details of this exam and what it takes to be a cpa (so sad right?).
    All my friends know, my family, people who have no idea what it is know lol
    It literally consumes my life.

FAR - 80

AUD - 78

REG - 76

ALL PAU PEEPS!!!!

jeff
    Keymaster

See if Bob can help with some of the cost frustrations…these are just a few videos from the series that comes with NINJA Monthly as a bonus…they're older, but many of them (like these) have held their relevance over time.

AUD - 79
    BEC - 80
    FAR - 76
    REG - 92
    Jeff Elliott, CPA (KS)
    NINJA CPA | NINJA CMA | NINJA CPE | Another71
    Painted_Jeans
    Participant

Thank you Jeff!

FAR - 80

AUD - 78

REG - 76

ALL PAU PEEPS!!!!

Silent
    Participant

@Jeff Thanks for posting this

@ KeepPushing yes it's very dry subject. After watching 4 minutes of the first video i was ready to go to sleep 😀

Biff Tannen
    Participant

Bob Monette is a genius. He can take an overly complex topic and explain it to a 5 year old

AUD - 78
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 79
    REG - 85
    “An investment in knowledge pays the best dividends” - Benjamin Franklin
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.