Bec exam experience

• Creator
    Topic
    CPAAAAA
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I took bec exam yesterday, the mcq were Okey but the Sims were long and hard I skimmed one and a half Sims i just filled the blank and then the writing I wrote in the 3 I wrote into paragraph and conclusion and closing.
    So do you think guys I will pass

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    TommyL
    Participant

First of all that's what s…nvm

Sounds like you had a pretty ok experience overall. I've heard (and experienced) much worse and people still passed.

AUD - 81
    BEC - 84
    FAR - 78
    REG - 86
    Goals
    Jona
    Participant

Any tips on what to focus on for the exam?

vic
    Participant

Took BEC yesterday as well. I personally thought the MCQs were more difficult compared to Becker. The SIMs took forever to complete. The amount of individual calculations they required blew me away. I’m totally unsure how I did on the writing portion, but I’m hoping it was enough.

AUD - 81
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 93
    REG - 84
    Almost done... I think
    Jokr
    Participant

Jona, I would say definitely make sure to know Corporate Governance, COSO/ Internal control, & IT. And then make sure to know cost accounting well (variances, JPC, Equivalent Units, Step Allocation). Then Financial management/ economics. But for that I would say get at least the basics down

AUD: 84 (4/18)

BEC: 88 (3/19)

FAR: 6/10

REG: 7/19

Ataggs15
    Participant

I took BEC this past week too and honestly it's so hard to tell how you did. The mcq were challenging but I generally could narrow it down to two answers. The first set of sims was also pretty tough but I felt good about the second set. I have no clue how they grade the essays but I was able to write a fair amount and knew a bit about the topics so we'll see. Best of luck to you! Can't believe I'll have to wait until 5/23 to find out. Luckily I find out about AUD on 5/7!

AUD - Results 5/7

BEC - Results 5/23

FAR - 85

REG - (05/2019)

Han
    Participant

I had similar experience…hard mc and long sims…did you guys pass? I just took my test today.

AUD - 80
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 80
    REG - 78
    • Hanna
    ahugemistake
    Participant

Doing my final review to sit for the exam on June 10th. I feel ok about all sections except for Cost Accounting. I think I'm more nervous about the Sims than I am about the MCQs. I guess I'll have keep drilling the formulas and ratios.

FAR: 78*, 75
    REG: 76*, 85
    BEC: 79*, 76
    AUD: 79*, 93

All scores expired, let's try this again.

FAR - 78*
    AUD - 66, 79
    REG - 73, 76
    BEC - 79

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.