Failed BEC 4 times – Need advice please

• Creator
    Topic
    Unknown
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have sat for BEC 4 times since 2018, my scores have been 66, 71, 72, 73. I have no idea what to do at this point as my confidence level is beyond low. I passed AUD on my first attempt.

My AUD score will expire next year in February 2020 and I’m wondering if I can pass all other sections before this time. I’m currently studying for REG and I have covered at least a quarter of the material. I was hoping to pass BEC so I can sit for REG in July but it seems that didn’t work out as planned.

Should I continue studying for REG? Btw, I have already registered for this and my NTS will expire 8/26/2019. OR should I go back to BEC and try to resit by July?

I do not even know where to start from. I’ve lost my inspiration. Any word of advice would help.

Thanks you so much! Congrats to all who have passed.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 76
    There is no such thing as failing the CPA exam, there is only such thing as quitting the exam process. Never give up. There is a bright light behind the tunnel.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Jimmy Dugan
    Participant

What is your study routine, what course are you using, and how are you doing on practice problems?

AUD - 95
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 84
    REG - 90
    You're killing me Smalls

Unknown
    Participant

I used Wiley previously and scored 66, 71, 72. I got tired of Wiley material and purchased Ninja, scored 73.

My trending score on Ninja was 74%. On Wiley, it was above 80%. I chose to purchase Ninja because I thought I had memorized all the questions, which is why I scored so high on it. Ninja had a set of new questions that Wiley did not have and I was also able to answer most correctly.

I work full time; sometimes I work overtime but not always. I study for about 2-3 hours every night Monday – Friday. Weekends, I spend at the very minimum, 4-5 hours.

When I purchased Ninja, my study plan changed slightly. I studied less and focused on MCQs and Ninja Audio on my way to work and back. My weakest area is cost accounting but I have taken the time to focus more on this area than others. I even watched a few videos on cost accounting on Youtube and wrote ton of notes. I thought I covered it all but I guess not.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 76
    There is no such thing as failing the CPA exam, there is only such thing as quitting the exam process. Never give up. There is a bright light behind the tunnel.
    Asja
    Participant

AICPA recommends to do FAR as the first exam because the content from FAR is what the other sections build upon…

Sorry I'm going to edit my response…I initially said that yOu should try to sit for BEC first because it is still fresh in your head..and your scores are getting higher and higher…but if you're already studying for REG, that is a huge test, do that one, Then sit for FAR because that is a beast, and then do BEC last because you'll be motivated as it is your last exam, .What if you just get a different review course for the BEC section, just start completely from scratch and use all your other attempts as the invitable boost because of the already developed ability to grasp the concepts.

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” ― Leo Tolstoy (War and Peace)
    Jimmy Dugan
    Participant

It sounds like you've put a ton of work in already. Have you run the progress report in Ninja? It will show you (down to a detailed level) where you are struggling. Beyond that, do you spend any time on the sims? I know most of the advice here is to pound MCQ's and don't waste a bunch of effort on practicing sims, but I do think working them helps to understand that material much better, as well as the thought process needed to do well on sims come exam day.

AUD - 95
    BEC - 87
    FAR - 84
    REG - 90
    You're killing me Smalls

Unknown
    Participant

@Brightlight – I have already started from scratch twice. I know the materials. Plus, I don't think time is on my side as my AUD will expire soon.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 76
    Unknown
    Participant

@ Jimmy – I'm afraid I have. I just can't pinpoint what i'm doing wrong despite all the time I have put into this. Perhaps it's my exam anxiety. I get really nervous and my exam center does this regular walk ins to check on us (every 10 mins or so). This distracts me more than I can explain, each time I hear someone walk inside. The earphones do not work, i have tried. I wonder if i can request a room by myself.

By the way, how do I run the progress report please?

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 76
    Unknown
    Participant

@Jimmy, btw when i used ninja, i did only a handful of sims and completed all MCQs.

AUD - 76
    BEC - 82
    FAR - 82
    REG - 76
    Kate

I fail BEC for 3 times 74, 71 , 65. I am confident for the last exam. I do not know why my scores are lower. I am so disappointed right now. I have a little son at home, and my mother is helping me to take care him a few months. Next month, she is not able to help me anymore. I fail again and again. So sad. Anyone can help me now???? What can i do to pass Bec?

Kate

I fail BEC for 3 times 74, 71 , 65. I am confident for the last exam. I do not know why my scores are lower. I am so disappointed right now. I have a little son at home, and my mother is helping me to take care him a few months. Next month, she is not able to help me anymore. I fail again and again. So sad. Anyone can help me now???? What can i do to pass Bec?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.