Feel really upset with BEC Q4 EXPERIENCE

• Creator
    Topic
    sheskierk
    Participant

I do not understand how BEC has the highest pass rates compared to the other exams. I walked into the exam feeling prepared and my exam was nothing what I studied for. I did not feel comfortable with a lot of the multiple choice questions. I feel really upset today as it was my last section that I needed to pass and I really do not know if I passed or not. I did walk out of FAR thinking I failed and ended up with a 76, so with these tests you never know how you did until you get the score back. I really just want to be done with this whole process because it is so stressful. Praying for a 75 so I can be done with this whole process. Has anyone else walked out thinking they failed and ended up passing? Need some motivation please.

FAR – 76
    AUD – 77
    REG – 85
    BEC – TBD 12/19

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Will
    Participant

Same for me. Multiple choice questions were not at all what I expected. TBS and Written were no surprises. MCQs were not nice. Good luck.

AUD - 75
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 76
    REG - 79
    Will Norling
    ihopeipassed
    Participant

I took BEC in Q3 and walked out of there thinking I studied for the wrong test and I was confident that I failed. The MCQ were ridiculous, but I thought the SIMS and WC were way better. When scores came out, I got an 85. I am sure you will be fine – this just goes to show you that you can't trust your gut feeling after the exam!

AUD - 88
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 77
    REG - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 77 (12/6/2018)

BEC - 85 (8/17/2018)

AUD - 72 (2/22/2019), 88 (4/15/2019)

REG - (6/7/2019)

Alex
    Participant

Same!!!! I took it yesterday and I felt SO prepared. Had done over 2500 MCQs.
    The MCQs were SO hard and nothing like I studied. I was devastated. Thank god for the writing portion, hope that pulls us through!

I think the curve is pretty heavy on BEC, thankfully.

AUD - 82
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 81
    REG - 83
    🙂
    felixsphone
    Participant

I think it's very common to feel that way. As long as you were sound in your test-taking skills, eliminating answers and rationalizing your decision, I think you will have done better than you think. You're under a lot of stress and it can cloud your judgment. REG was brutal for me yesterday. But it felt just like the other 3 exams, my scores are a little far from comfort but that is the nature of the pretested questions, they are slightly above normal comprehension. Look at the AICPA released questions and compare the differences in moderate/difficult questions. It's very easy to overthink a question just by a change of 3 or 4 key words. Take sometime for yourself and try not to make it worse than it seems – try.

AUD - 75
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 85
    REG - 84
    He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

Lao Tzu

YouCanDoIt
    Participant

What review course did you guys use? I have heard Becker doesn't prep well for BEC ?

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 80
    Won't know until you try.

FAR: 76
    REG: Currently studying
    AUD:
    BEC:

Matt
    Participant

@YouCanDoIt – What review course did you use for FAR and REG? I have failed REG 4 times using Wiley/CPA Excel. Any suggestions for passing?

Zizou
    Participant

Matt, use Gleim for REG. Very good resource.

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - 81
    Don't give up. That is all the motivation you need.
    YouCanDoIt
    Participant

@Matt

AUD- Becker, Q1, Had failed
    After failing AUD, I decided to give Ninja a chance.
    REG- Becker(not much) + Ninja + IRS taxmap, Q2 Passed
    FAR- Ninja + youtube videos of Farhat's Accounting Lectures, Q3 Passed
    AUD- Ninja + youtube videos of Amanda Loves to Audit (once in a while), Q4, results pending
    Hopefully BEC in Q1- with Ninja.

So I rely on Ninja a lot, because its the most economical option for me (after spending $ on Becker). However, it comes down how we all learn best. My strategy is do MCQs topic by topic to make the material stick and using other resources like Youtube.

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 80
    Won't know until you try.

FAR: 76
    REG: Currently studying
    AUD:
    BEC:

raj
    Participant

I took BEC in Q3 and I felt the same way as you. Exam took me 4 hours and out of all 4, I felt worst coming out of BEC. But, I ended up getting a much better score than I expected. So, you never know with these exams.

** I used Becker and Ninja for review.**

AUD - 79
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 87
    REG - 95

BEC - testing 9/10/18

MSim
    Participant

2/4 of my exams I thought I did well. Like, I thought I would get 90's did well. But, my score was only 80s. The 3rd one, I knew I was either going to squeak by with a 75 flat or fail it. And I failed that one…

I don't know how people can come out thinking they HELLA FAILED an exam and end up getting up in the 90s…like…WTF. Is everyone wearing a lucky rabbit's foot or something?

Anyway, I took BEC in Q4 too, and I am 99.9% sure I failed that because I thought I had a chance to pass AUDIT and I failed it with a 73. So, there is NO WAY I am passing BEC. Unless someone gives me a rabbit's foot and/or tell the secret for this mysterious “I failed, but end up getting a 90…” phenomenon.

But, seriously though, I've seen it all over this site. So, you might be one of the lucky ones 🙂 Just try to keep yourself busy with other stuff for a week…and then worry/celebrate.

"Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" -- Muhammad Ali

Lola
    Participant

I took BEC Monday and I feel so nervous. I really hoped I passed I want to move on to the next exam… Those multiple choice were so hard. Way more IT and COSO than I expected. At first I thought the second booklet was easier but after about the third question in my head started spinning. I thought I was taking a different test than what I prepared for UGH

AUD - 75
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 83
    REG - 76
    DONE. DONE. DONE.
    lku2322
    Participant

Hello,

I felt the same way about BEC. It was definitely not as easy as people made it sound. I was expecting to fail when I left the exam, but ended getting an 87 (very shocked). So stay motivated and good luck!

RaulB
    Participant

@Felixsphone- Let me ask you a question. What if a person is a bad test taker and yet ends up passing? Do you think that he or she probably did well on the Sims then? It's pretty scary to read of many stories that so many questions are asked in left field and get great scores. I do agree with you that if someone is a good test taker, then the person can eliminate some of the answers and maybe they guess well on the right option. This CPA thing is strange. It's rare that someone comes out of it thinking that they for sure passed. It's more horror stories. I take more consolation when people feel that they did Okay, but do feel happy when people passed even if they think they didn't. It's just a curious question to know how someone can think that they did so bad and didn't really. Like me for instance, I haven't been the best test taker out there. I'll be starting this process next year, so it's going to be interesting what happens. It does suck how upsetting this BEC Q4 experience has been for people. Have to hope for the best.

RB
    BKemery199
    Participant

I failed BEC in Q2 with a 73. I just sat for the exam again on December 10th and I honestly thought it was the wrong exam at first. I felt like I knew nothing or just studied the wrong book. This is my last part so I am really hoping to get a passing score on the 19th but after that test I don't have high hopes. I am glad I wasn't the only one who struggled and I hope we all actually passed it!

AUD - 76
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - 78
    REG - 83
    "It's a mental race. If you don't go in with the right attitude it's easy to quit."
    Lola
    Participant

I passed I guess it was not as bad as I thought

AUD - 75
    BEC - 83
    FAR - 83
    REG - 76
    DONE. DONE. DONE.
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.