Got a 74 on BEC

• Creator
    Topic
    Joey
    Participant

So I took my first part of the CPA for the first time and got a 74. For anyone who was this close to passing and did not do you have any advice/tips on how to just get over the hurdle and rebound mentally? I don’t feel overly angry or sad honestly it is comical to come up short by 1 point but at least I proved to myself that it is not an impossible task. I just need to bare down a little bit more this time around and I will be able to do it.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Tony73085
    Participant

I got a 70 first time and retook it 9.9.19 I just passed and it was mostly due to NINJA MCQs and Roger. I must’ve done 1400 MCQs and was trending a 72 right before exam. Just found out I passed with an 85.

AUD - 72
    BEC - 85
    FAR - 78
    REG - 83
    Only True Failure is Giving Up!!!
    TheeAccountant
    Participant

You're so close. You should see what areas you were weak in by checking out the report they give you. Then try to cram a review in a few weeks and re-sit as soon as possible. Be sure to review everything, not just your weak areas.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    I've found an anomaly in the Space-Time Continuum. NASBA and the AICPA are in the 19th century. They use slide rules to score the exam, and then they send the scores by Pony Express to the State Boards. That's why it takes so long for them to do a score release.
    Joey
    Participant

@TheeAccountant Do you know where I would be able to see the report? Is it a breakdown of how I did on each topic of the exam? And thank you for the kind words as well as @Tony73085. I will take you advice as well and appreciate the response.

TheeAccountant
    Participant

You will get the report in a day or two. Either NASBA will provide it or your State Board will, depending on which state you are in.

AUD - 85
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 84
    REG - 88
    I've found an anomaly in the Space-Time Continuum. NASBA and the AICPA are in the 19th century. They use slide rules to score the exam, and then they send the scores by Pony Express to the State Boards. That's why it takes so long for them to do a score release.
    jfh9857
    Participant

I also received a score of a 74! It definitely stinks but we ARE SO CLOSE. The same thing happened to me on FAR a few months ago. I'm going to study for another 3-4 weeks and probably take my test on a Monday after week 4. I would hit all of the areas again and continue to pound MCQ's and really try to understand the concepts. Once the score report comes out (you should receive an email…or it'll probably be uploaded on the Nasba Site sometime today or tomorrow), review your weak areas. It definitely feels defeating…But we are close. I got a 74 on FAR and used the same process above and finally passed with a 81. Just don't get too down on yourself – these tests are hard and we got this :)!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.