Took BEC today

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Have to say that was a hard one, right behind FAR. Used all four hours. The first testlet put me behind, took around 55 minutes to complete. Made up some time on the second one. But the sims really ate away at time. The documents are so wordy and there were 6-8 documents to review for each one. Some of the IT questions were brand new and never appeared in Wiley or Ninja. WC felt like a cake walk, gave myself around 50 minutes and BS’d my way through it. Hoping the WC will be able to push me through to a 75. Now on to the waiting game

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Recked
    Participant

good luck!

Memento Mori - Kingston NY CPA & EA (SUNY Albany 2002)

FAR-93 11/9/17 (10wks, 250 hrs, Roger 1800+ MCQs, Gleim TB 600+MCQs, SIMs)
    AUD-88 12/7/17 (3 wks, 85 hrs, Roger 1000 MCQs no SIMs hail mary)
    REG-96 1/18/18 (6 wks, 110 hrs, 1400 MCQs, no SIMs)
    BEC-91 2/16/18 (4wks, 90 hrs, 1240 MCQs)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks! Didn't feel too good after this one, like FAR, and I scored highest on that. So I'll look at that as a positive and not second guess myself until then

TalkNerdyToMe
    Participant

I sat for BEC yesterday, and I had a pretty similar experience to yours. It was rough; that's all I can say. I felt pretty comfortable with the 1st testlet, but it also took me about 56 minutes. I was shocked and had to pick up the pace. The 2nd testlet seemed a lot harder than the 1st. My sims didn't have as many documents to review as yours, but they were all over the board. Nothing like the sims I reviewed over and over in preparation for the exam. The WC topics weren't too bad at all, but my brain was fried by the time I got there! I submitted the exam with 1 minute left to spare. Overall, I don't feel like I completely bombed it, but I'm just praying for a passing score! Now on to FAR!

I did it!! Finally a licensed CPA!!

Even miracles take a little time. - Cinderella

FAR: 77 (Q4 2018 Wiley)

REG: 92 (Q2 2018 Wiley)

BEC: 71(Q3 2018 Wiley Only), 83 (Q4 2018 Supplemented Ninja)

AUD: 80 (Q4 2017 Wiley)

YouCanDoIt
    Participant

I have never sat for BEC, but from what I used to hear was that it was the “easier” one of the 4.
    Guess this is not the case anymore? What makes it so out there now?

AUD - 77
    BEC - 79
    FAR - 75
    REG - 80
    Won't know until you try.

FAR: 76
    REG: Currently studying
    AUD:
    BEC:

Operation_CPA
    Participant

You really never know with BEC, those WC can really save you at the end of the day. Keep the faith!

FAR - 76 (Lost credit), 76
    AUD - 80
    BEC - 76
    REG - 75

Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@YouCanDoit I wouldn't say easier, but it is the least amount of material. Cost accounting & financial management took a while to click. The amount of formulas/calculations and sections that are pure memorization (IT) made it pretty hard imo.

@TalkNerdytome That damn first testlet. I was going pretty well, saved 3-4 calculation MCQ's for the end that took me much longer than expected. The sims were nothing like the sample test, was hoping they'd be a cakewalk like those

mathochist
    Participant

good luck mate..

AUD - NINJA in Training
    BEC - NINJA in Training
    FAR - NINJA in Training
    REG - NINJA in Training
    The short bus dropped me off here.
    TalkNerdyToMe
    Participant

I was always under the impression that it was the “easiest” section as well. My word of advice, don't underestimate it. There is a LOT of material to memorize, and the COSO and IT questions can be very ambiguous – at least in my case. I felt really strong with IT and COSO walking into the exam, but I don't feel like the MCQs truly tested my knowledge of the subjects. There is a ton of cost accounting and finance in there which really eat away at the time. I haven't taken FAR yet, but BEC definitely gave me more trouble than AUD and REG.

I did it!! Finally a licensed CPA!!

Even miracles take a little time. - Cinderella

FAR: 77 (Q4 2018 Wiley)

REG: 92 (Q2 2018 Wiley)

BEC: 71(Q3 2018 Wiley Only), 83 (Q4 2018 Supplemented Ninja)

AUD: 80 (Q4 2017 Wiley)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don't fret, team! Remember, unless the AICPA has had some monumental shift in their take on BEC, it'll continue to have the highest pass rates. The WC is a free 15% if you can write clearly and provide a basic level of structure to your responses. It should give you a level of comfort, particularly if you had some difficult SIMs.

CPYAYYY
    Participant

@cruz818 you're so clutch….I've been reading the forum and freaking out over BEC and I just know saw your post….Instant confidence boost. 9/7…..I hope that date marks the end of my exam journey…

Studying for the CPA exam is easy. Its like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire. And the ground is on fire. And everything is on fire. Because you're in H-E Double hockey sticks

raj
    Participant

Taking BEC 9/10 – definitely not taking lightly but I hope it’s not as bad as FAR or REG! Do you guys have any tips or advice? Good luck to everyone!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 87
    REG - 95

BEC - testing 9/10/18

raj
    Participant

@kiran89, I hope 9/10 is the last day of my CPA journey. **fingers crossed**

AUD - 79
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 87
    REG - 95

BEC - testing 9/10/18

CPYAYYY
    Participant

@RAJ yeah…starting to get worried because Im on B5 so I will only have a week to review…

Studying for the CPA exam is easy. Its like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire. And the ground is on fire. And everything is on fire. Because you're in H-E Double hockey sticks

raj
    Participant

@Kiran89 I am in the same position as you. Took reg last week and started BEC Monday. On B2 rn. Goal is go thru Becker in 2 weeks and so I can get 2 weeks to review but let’s see. At this point, both of us just have to take it one day at a time.. short term goals and then review as efficiently as possible and pass!!

AUD - 79
    BEC - 92
    FAR - 87
    REG - 95

BEC - testing 9/10/18

Painted_Jeans
    Participant

@kiran off topic but i love the quote in your signature :-)))))))

FAR - 80

AUD - 78

REG - 76

BEC - 56 (April 2019); CREDIT (September 2019)

ALL PAU PEEPS!!!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.